North east /Yorkshire area Rolling road shoot out day JUNE 1st.

JeffC

well the car has run faultless last 18 month, it just stopped as if run out of fuel, so I thought lets retrace our steps and what have we done, Pete put the ecu in upside down so we thought it must be that , we had no tools so trailered it back to TMS, Ben diagnosed the TPS had packed in so we swapped it with Ross"s and its away again so need to sort one on Monday, full marks to the boys from Tms though went the extra mile to help me out  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Must have been the strain of the extra power made it throw a wobbler

Lucky you had a doner car with you

Great bunch of guys and nice to put a face to names. Gutted would be an understatement!  

I feel for you Ross, after surviving Anglesey, you didn't deserve that! :(

As ever, it's good to meet faces old and new. :yes:

Some pics from the day.

Eight valves in perfect harmony. :t-up: (Not sure what Keith's doing with his hand.. looks a bit camp.)

DSCF2444_zps71c4b42f.jpg

Megabird getting ready to sing! :cool:

DSCF2447_zpsac363f59.jpg

People stare in amazement at the power of the Pinto! :d

DSCF2455_zps382d6bb3.jpg

Jeff's Caterham putting down the power.

DSCF2463_zps14632570.jpg

Jeff gets to sample Pinto power, raaaawwwrrr! :cool:

DSCF2468_zps8b6e7bde.jpg

..and fixing the broken Cat. :p

DSCF2470_zpsc9f5325c.jpg

A few more. :t-up:

Ben thought my Superflowing exhaust manifold was fantastic! :blush:  :laugh:

DSCF2450_zpscc89e690.jpg

My water cooled headlights! :blush:  :blush:

DSCF2456_zpsc60eddd2.jpg

DSCF2445_zpsb75c02d6.jpg

DSCF2449_zps4e9c685e.jpg

DSCF2460_zpse45acc6a.jpg

Would have loved to have made this today but had to work, what figures did you all achieve?

Would have loved to have made this today but had to work, what figures did you all achieve?

I think we were all a bit on the low side of expectations.. My Pinto made 139bhp at the wheels & 134 lbft. :t-up:

I think we were all a bit on the low side of expectations.. My Pinto made 139bhp at the wheels & 134 lbft. :t-up:

Just proves you don;t need loads of power for a good track car  :d  :d  :d  :d

• Like 1

Sounds perfectly respectable to me, I've heard before that the rolling roads can sometimes be a lottery, in the pics it shows guys putting weight on the rear, was this to get traction cos I guess that could affect the figures.

Just came in here to ask about numbers :d But beaten to it...

Nothing wrong with realistic figures :)

Megabird made 135bhp @wheels, not bad to say its fitted with std 5" can with cat in. The guys there at TMS going to make me a 6" repack can. Did three runs and only 0.3 bhp between all three now that's consistent. I had mine on damiens rollers at daytuner last year where it made 2bhp more so not much between them. Am looking forwards to getting rid of cat to free up a few more. :-)

Evo - what did your"s make mate ? cheers JAmes 

from my figures and Andrews figures from previous readings I reckon the figures yesterday were 10% under what they should be reading , Andrews figures are from Mcdonald racings rollers and  tbh from past experience I reckon they are bang on and always consistent even going back 2 years later in the same car the figures would be the same. as we said yesterday its only a number but good to have a place like that to go to and do other repeatable tests. 

Ps. Ive seen a few exhausts that Ben has made and quality is very impressive  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: and Just to be clear he didnt make the Captains   :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o