Hello I'm gatouille from France (Westfield SEIW 1998)

Gatouille

A Caterham staple that.

Don't you mean "heritage"?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Nothing wrong with with the heritage look!

Speaking of which, you couldn't do me a favour could you?

Whats the height from the bottom edge of the tub to the rear most lower and upper edges of the swept wing?

Managed to find a little info in an old build manual that suggest 150mm, but not clear if that's to the top or bottom of the swept wing.

Will check for you tomorrow mate, currently ready for tea and 2 sheets to the wind, therefore highly unreliable. ;). Hope you don't mind.

No problem at all, just tidied up outside and set the dinner cooking, no more bodywork for me today!

Do have one more question, but going to add it to my build thread rather than crash anymore of this one!  :oops:  :d

Here we go, clicky

Bonjour Gatouille,

BIENVENUE AU CLUB! :yes:

My name is Jean-Marie Courtault and I'm french also. I live in the Loire valley between Blois and Tours and I congratulate you for your perfect English; much better than mine ... (luckily, my wife speaks it fluently).

I own a Westfield ZEI 130 that I baught in 1999 in Luxembourg as used car (LHD car). I bought this car for its concept (weight/power ratio, amazing pleasure drive without reaching prohibitives speeds ...) but I didn't love the style. It's the reason that I decided in the year 2000 to modify my car. I created a neoclassic roadster that you can discover on my website. I and my family know Norman Verona and his wife (and it's a great pleasure!) since 2012. It isn't very far from my home (around 230 kms). Mabye could we meet all toghether later ... My next events: The national kit car show to Stoneleigh and maybe the "le Mans classic" in early july.

I Hope that you will enjoy with your new Westfield, the shares and meetings with enthousiast Westfield members ...

Au plaisir de partager ta nouvelle aventure!

Jean-Marie  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jean Marie, thank you for your message !

I have to thank everybody here for the welcome and the spirit, very nice to be  there !

As I'm living near the mountains and I start to drive my Westy too fast on road, I decide to sell it.

It's sold.

But don't cry, I've another vintage car for road use, and I will buy a car only for trackday use.

It was difficult to admit but I'm not serious enough to staying quiet and reasonnable on dangerous open road (but so nice) as we can find easily here...

So...

My wife was disapointed, my children was crying (no dad !don't sell it !)

But I don't want to make them  orphelin and widow.

Sorry for this, I will keep in my mind this very nice experience.

Dont linch me if I tell you I'm going to buy a BMW for trackday use :suspect:   200 hm for 1050 kilos,  POUAAAA!!!!!  What a SH.T !!!!

Gatouille

Sacre Blue Gatouille! and a Zut Alors for good measure…..

Quest ce que un massive surprise a votre sale of le car so soon.

Je suis vraiment désole a le news de votre sale… Passez un bon temp dans le BMW avec le deux cent HP :-)

Stop les enfants crying and fetchez un nouveau westfield toute suite!!

Au revoir mon et Bonne Chance!!

James Alexander 

(available for A level and degree level french tuition) 

• Like 2

Gatouille is a true westfielder and I will miss him - he had that cracking little car, fixed it up and now he's sold it…  good luck mon amis Gatouille :-) 

Sacre Blue Gatouille! and a Zut Alors for good measure…..

Quest ce que un massive surprise a votre sale of le car so soon.

Je suis vraiment désole a le news de votre sale… Passez un bon temp dans le BMW avec le deux cent HP :-)

Stop les enfants crying and fetchez un nouveau westfield toute suite!!

Au revoir mon et Bonne Chance!!

James Alexander 

(available for A level and degree level french tuition) 

Impossible to read without a Del Boy accent in your head!

Good luck Gatouille with whatever you buy next, keep us posted!

Choix raisonnable Gatouille ...

Bonne chance dans tes nouveaux projets!

Bon jour jean-marie, bon vacance?

Bonjour Norman,

Mes vacances? My last vacations were end february. I praticed mechanic: replacement timing belt and rollers, valves's adjustments on Nathalie's car. My next vacations are from the 26th of april: I'll work in the garden and I'll prepare our Stoneleigh's trip (finally, after reflexion, we will do the Stoneleigh show only).

Otherwise, if you thought to my german trip, I reply you it was a very nice adventure wich we will share toghether. The german automotive industry like communicate its knowledge, share it with the people: They consider their knowledge and history like a public patrimony, unlikly in France where the automotive industry thinks only to protect all, think only intellectual and private property. The german automotive industry is a living patrimony. We understand how they build a so strong image ...

Jean-Marie