Hello I'm gatouille from France (Westfield SEIW 1998)

Gatouille

Gatouille, AO is an Area Organiser. As there are now 6 members in France it is being suggested we form ourselves into an area and have monthly meetings. They're joking. 

Welcome!

You British are amazing people, you kept your english pound, produce marvelous cars and use it easily (registration is very hard for kitcar in france) I guess your are more clever than us !!!!!! ;-)

Ahh, but you have (amongst other assets) the vineyards of the Rhone valley, Bordeaux, and Alsace.  Can we swap for the pound?

Thank you everybody for your nice welcome !

Alexander english is my second language too, but don't laugh to loud please...

The Somme ? You mean this part of France close to the north pole, I'd rather go to canada floating across on maple leaves ?;-)

It could be a great idea, Alexander.

Andy (and the other) to get yourselves across the channel we could think later about a meeting in Auvergne visit nice places... Mountains and very nice roads

Norman, I told my wife about a trip to Angers with Westy, she enjoys as she made her studies at this place (Ecole de Commerce ESSCA) after she went to Goteborg(Sweden) for studies (Erasmus european for students) so it's a good news, her english is best than mine...

We both like Angers and Loire Valley.

guest thank you for your answer and pics. I understand the press("male" one) in the middle of the windscreen , but what I suppose to do with the "channel" (the black plastic part) Do I put a press to ? (female one)

Very goog tip your neodymium magnets.

swap for the pound?

After many thoughts, I will keep vineyards...and other assets ;-)

Now let's talk about my very first "road test" !!!

In few words I must admit it was too much for an rookie.

I had a lot of new things to deal with :RHD, very light a short car, a lot of power, cold road....

I was very smooth with the throtle, I didn't want to:

fesses.gif

I was scared by the turn signal noise, I found it was the klaxon first ! A real newbie sorry sirs.

C20XE + Weber 45 = Bomb ! I felt the 181 hp WHAOWWWWWWWWWWW !!!

I realised that I have a long way to learn how to drive (and longer to pilot it) my Westy, Power/weight ratio is about 3,3 kgs for 1 HP oups !

I told my wife it's a motorcycle with 4 wheels...

• Like 1

If you find it not to boring I could talk about my previous old cars ?

For trackdays use I had a Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 2.0 form 1983, I sold it last month.

My face,

dsc09453.jpg

My very first trackday event in 2008, I put a rookie "signal" on my car...

matin001vd8.jpg

Light is right said.... I tuned the genuine weight of my GTV 1110 kilos to 856 kilos.

_MG_9185.JPG

May I brush it ?? I broke my motor because....I was stupid.

dscn3224.jpg

Been stupid means an new motor, I rebuilt it

0e3ea93d0f5e80e40eaa7d88262dfca4.jpg

I tried to do my best but the Megane RS overtook me later of course...

dsc08367d.jpg

Mister "too much"

dsc08645y.jpg

Riding during night in Magny Cours, not so bad.

dsc08724h.jpg

This man did Caterham races and drives very fast

dsc08067.jpg

He went in my car as a passenger and teached me pilot leasons, very nice guy.

For example this a fight between my friend gtvpp(camera inside) and me (9919 VB 63)

Gtvpp have a GTV from 1981 876 kilos and 142,1 hp and me 856 kilos/143,1 hp very close !

It was at Dijon 2011, very nice place ex Formula one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U5NlpaHXkA'>

These cars are very easy to drive, with a little power you can surprise other cars more powerfull sometimes.

Look Dijon 2012 (Gtvpp is driving and i am passenger) trying to "eat" an Exige very hot.

Sorry very long talk...

Oups I forget the link

These cars are very easy to drive, with a little power you can surprise other cars more powerfull sometimes.

Look Dijon 2012 (Gtvpp is driving and i am passenger) trying to "eat" an Exige very hot.

Welcome to club! What's the flappy red thing that rises up with speed on your last video? Hopefully it's not the bonnet!

guest thank you for your answer and pics. I understand the press("male" one) in the middle of the windscreen , but what I suppose to do with the "channel" (the black plastic part) Do I put a press to ? (female one)

Very goog tip your neodymium magnets.

You will need to cut the plastic completely in half and have a 25mm gap between the two halfs. That's where the female part goes. Put the hole in for the female part of the press stud and put your roof on. Now use the hole to mark where you need to drill the hole for the male part on the windscreen frame. I then secure it with a pop rivet.

When I collected my car it was snapped, so I got a new one and fitted the new one. Then two weeks later a friend helped to put the hood on in the rain and snapped off the same bit that is snapped on yours, so I got another one. A bout a week later I had the hood adjusted and a window put in for the high level brake light and the guy that did the work snapped the plastic channel. I left it, and it kept lifting and letting rain in, that's when I decided to put the press stud in and I have never had any problems since. I advise everyone to do it.

Polyester bonnet and not very well fixied later we made some improvements.

A star, am I G Clooney what else ?

Just fascinated by motorcycle cars since 1982...

be seing you !

Gatouille, i would never laugh at your English... it is much better than my French.  I speak french better than I write and much better after wine/cider.  

You are a motorist of the highest order...  i salute you.

If we can get to the Somme I will buy you many pints of beer or we can share du vin....

Au revoir mon amis

James 

Beer, fine, you find my weak point.... I hope this is the only one !

Thank you very much INDEED for your welcome, I very glag to meet this Westfield's communauty !

Nest time I will talk about other cars if you'll agree of course...

James, he's about 6 hours from the Somme. This is a huge country, 3 time larger than the UK.

Do you know the fuel tank capacity ? I've got the optional "big" tank I guess about 30 liters ?

Last month I sold my GTV6 too

1800x610.jpg

From 1984 GTV6 76 000 km leather (right term?) open rof, air con, rims Gotti

16800x10.jpg

19800x10.jpg

I decided to rebuilt the entire motor brand nex with few preparation (specials cams, very rare exhaust from DEVIL SODEMO High CR...) rust free also very rare ;-)

2012-010.jpg

2012-013.jpg

During the job

dsc0696b.jpg

dsc0697b.jpg

Too much pressure poor Gatouille...

gatouille2.jpg

I finished the job in the end of 2012, and I was a little bit fed up with a big job very long.

A friend asked me if I'd like to sell it...

I said yes, because I wanted to change and keep only 2 cars (Alfetta Sedan with is my favorite and a car for Trackday use road use) I get in my garage a Alfa GTV6 road use, a GTV 2.0 tracday and alfetta sedan, too much job to maintain these cars.

I planed to buy a.....................Mazda MX5, and went on French MX5 board, introduce myself like here.

I received a private message from "Kiki" a french man who lives in Marocco and own a...Westfield, and.

The following later sirs.

Thank you