Hello I'm gatouille from France (Westfield SEIW 1998)

Gatouille

Un ami et moi ....sod this...a friend (jak) and I toured France in 2010 in our Westfields passing through Clermont and we stayed a night in one of the suburbs. The idea was to drive the Charade but it was so bl**** hot we couldn't be bothered.

I thought kit cars and France were not word you saw together - Norman's isn't a kit car........:-0

And welcome to Westy-world!

we will be driving to the the Somme in 2013 and 2014 - would be great for you to join us ??

Welcome to the club, good sir!  There are six other members in France so far, and I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of our big crazy worldwide happy family.  Enjoy your new toy - magazines and a club sticker are on their way to you! :t-up:

Argh, six! More than North London...

A very warm welcome though. All the more reason to get ourselves across the channel...

Just for the record, Gatouille lives as far from me as (probably) London is from Glasgow.

Maybe we can meet halfway.

You don't need ferries to get to Canada. You float across on maple leaves.

Welcome!

I have a solution for your roof channel... Do not fix it! Put a press stud in the middle of the windscreen. If you ever drive above 70kph it lifts in the middle. Here are some photo's. I use my car in British weather, normally wet, and do a lot of motorway miles at night, in the rain.

CA735FA2-3A4F-41B1-9960-2D7CB176BC85-3368699B84B-1099-4987-887D-2FF8FE5F23AB-336

I also have neodymium magnets inside the roof, along the door seams, and they stick to the metal frame on the door to hold doors shut when the roof is up and it stops water and wind coming into the car.

Welcome!

I have a solution for your roof channel... Do not fix it! Put a press stud in the middle of the windscreen. If you ever drive above 70kph it lifts in the middle. Here are some photo's. I use my car in British weather, normally wet, and do a lot of motorway miles at night, in the rain.

CA735FA2-3A4F-41B1-9960-2D7CB176BC85-3368699B84B-1099-4987-887D-2FF8FE5F23AB-336

I also have neodymium magnets inside the roof, along the door seams, and they stick to the metal frame on the door to hold doors shut when the roof is up and it stops water and wind coming into the car.

More clever ideas from guest, well done.

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of westfields and all the joys of ownership  :)

Martyn

More clever ideas from guest, well done.

Cheers,

Which ideas of mine have you tried?

Sure I sent you detailed instructions for something I've done.

A lot of nice answers, thank you very much !

Thank you Scott, I enjoy your postmail, there is already have a WSCC's sticker in my car ;-) Maybe the first scottish owner was a member?

Thank you for using french sentences !

Sorry marty I didn't understand A O :

"Norm looks like an A O is required in your area."

Soot1e, not flattering, realism. I can also told you a scoop, british food could be excellent, 10 years ago I spent 1 week for my job in Canterburry living in a nice bed and breakfast, food was really EXCELLENT, we are stil in touch with this bed and breakfast's owners. They were rebuiding a Wolseley from fifties which is a very exotic car in my country.

Back in France I told everybody how very good was the food, of course they all wanted to bring me in a psychiatrichospital...

Sorry the following later........