Hello I'm gatouille from France (Westfield SEIW 1998)

Gatouille

Hello, my nickname is Gatouille, and I own a Westy SEIW from 1998 powered by a C20XE and 2 45 weber.

I will try to do my best as I'm not a english native speaker, thank you !

I live in France near Clermont Ferrand (Auvergne) and I'm 46 years old. Married 2 children.

10 days ago, it was the D day !!

A not so bad way to carry my Westy is using another old car :

303730DSC07937.jpg

Appointement was at 9:30 sunday morning in Paris, of course I arrived at 9 !!

First I founded it very nice and very small !!

40530520130203101628.jpg

20892120130203101619.jpg

57853120130203101638.jpg

69623320130203122016.jpg

71668920130203122037.jpg

6 hours later, I was back at my home and obviously all my family loved it !

Later......

As I plan to use my Westy both on trackdays and road I bought a brand new helmet.

photos10.jpg

photos11.jpg

So britishhhhhhhhhhh !! Sorry So Scottish ;-)

photos12.jpg

This part is broken (channel?) I'd like to find a way to fix it.

photos13.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you Marty !!

Am I falling in love with it ??

photos43.jpg

photos32.jpg

photos33.jpg

photos34.jpg

photos35.jpg

photos36.jpg

Every breath you take, every moove you make.....

But the song didn't tell me an easy way to open the bonnet !!!

photos37.jpg

photos38.jpg

photos39.jpg

you guess I'm very happy !!

gatouille

Bonjour Gatouille. 

As you can see we live in the Loire Valley, nearest large town is Angers.

Nice car, hope you enjoy it.

Welcome & enjoy the fun :)

I don't have a roof, but most seem to break on the front channel from posts seen on the forum - some do it on purpose to fit the roof in the boot box ;)

Replacement channels are available from the Westfield factory, though I'm not sure what the cost would be by the time one was shipped out to France for you.

Welcome to the club, I hope the car brings you many years of pleasure :t-up:

Very nice pic, very nice area near Angers, my wife made her studies there 20 years ago.

Thank you for your messages !

The other one is a Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedan from 1979 2 liter engine and 40 mm carbs...

It's a nice story with it as my italian family gave it to me 6 years ago. It had only 21536 km and only one owner.

I made a lot of work on it as rubbers and a lot of parts were out of order, now it has 60 000 km and it's very pleasant to drive and "pull" trailors.

Today was the very first test on road, as I hadn't insurance before and we had salt on roads...

Of course it was very exciting !!!

The C20XE is a great engine, I was to shy so I didn't use it at his maximum, RHD, light and very short car, 181 HP are hard to manage the first time....

It was so fantastic !

You British are amazing people, you kept your english pound, produce marvelous cars and use it easily (registration is very hard for kitcar in france)

I guess your are more clever than us !!!!!! ;-)

• Like 1

Welcome to the club, good sir!  There are six other members in France so far, and I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of our big crazy worldwide happy family.  Enjoy your new toy - magazines and a club sticker are on their way to you! :t-up:

Thank you very much for your answers !

For this @#@## channel, I've got a idea of tips, I will show you later

Alexander I guess that this forum is all in French........

Ok ok ok it was a joke ;-)

Now it's time for...timing belt and some amintenance....

I wish I have 2 cars so I can preserve this one only for road use...

Looking for a second one.

Very nice pic, very nice area near Angers, my wife made her studies there 20 years ago.Thank you for your messages !The other one is a Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedan from 1979 2 liter engine and 40 mm carbs...It's a nice story with it as my italian family gave it to me 6 years ago. It had only 21536 km and only one owner.I made a lot of work on it as rubbers and a lot of parts were out of order, now it has 60 000 km and it's very pleasant to drive and "pull" trailors.Today was the very first test on road, as I hadn't insurance before and we had salt on roads...Of course it was very exciting !!!The C20XE is a great engine, I was to shy so I didn't use it at his maximum, RHD, light and very short car, 181 HP are hard to manage the first time....It was so fantastic !You British are amazing people, you kept your english pound, produce marvelous cars and use it easily (registration is very hard for kitcar in france) I guess your are more clever than us !!!!!! ;-)

You are so flattering, thankyou.

Welcome Gatouille,

Leave the the roof channel as it is, then it it easily folded up when not on the car. Careful with the 181bhp especially on the road when it is cold and wet, being a light car you need heat in the tyres to give grip. I have the same engine as you on Dellorto carbs and slowly adding tuning parts to make it go a bit faster. Hope we will see some French trackday video and photos soon.

• Like 1

Gatouille, je suis entirely bilingual mon amis... French et mon second langage.  

Welcome and great car :-)