1st Westie....in at the deep end!

Jontysafe

Thanks guys. Speaking to different people everyone has a different diagnosis, only thing to do is let a professional look at it methodically.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time really, off travelling again tomorrow.

engine is out and head off, no head damage, that`s the good news. Block is cracked around stud thread to waterway, quite common and block is going to be long studded to fix this. Bottom end will be looked at tomorrow, everyone is saying oil pump failure! Not sure what i`m putting my money on.

Hope you get it fixed. It's horrible when your new car gives you a major headache and expense like this. I'm sure a few of us have been there!

Really sorry to hear about this, just glad the damage isn't more extensive - it could have taken the head out or punched a hole in the block.  Good luck!

Hey Jonty,  I sent you a tweet earlier in reply to the geusstimate request... so... any news mate?  Fingers crossed here for you.

James 

Hello all, bout time we had an update. Well, the good news is this time next month the car will be back on the road better than ever. The whys and wherefore`s aren`t important but suffice to say I`m a happy owner.

Am writing this about 10 mins after the first bit because the misses has fallen out of the shower, how is that even possible!

Ok this is going to be the rebuild spec:

all work carried out by Reyland Motorsport

Race spec ported head 26.5mm inlet, not sure on exhaust

Not 100% decided but we are replacing one cam so will probably go BD16 Inlet or maybe BD16+ and BD14 exh, new valve guides, double valve springs, new valve stem oil seals, new cam bearings and WRC head gasket with a block and head skim not forgetting 6 long stud block machining and special studs. ACL race main bearings and 4x4 high pressure oil pump and modded pick up pipe.

Other extra works: relocation of air intake and beading of metal boost pipes and water chargecooler pipes. Pistons, rings and bores all fine but having the rings re-gapped.

Can`t recommend Reyland highly enough.

Can`t wait!