1st Westie....in at the deep end!

Jontysafe

Have put over nearly 100 miles on in the last few days getting to know the car. I`m sure it`s laughing at me for pootling! Have had a few opportunities to half open the taps on a dry bit of road and I`ve never been so impressed since I rode a Stan Stephens stage 3 RG500 many years ago. Did I say impressed? I meant terrified.

The turbo starts boosting properly just as the car comes on cam (BD14 inlet, standard exhaust) and makes for a real shove in the back. I have to watch the rpm though as she`s still running in.

When the chap who sold it to me described it as a car that, "after a spirited drive you`re relieved to be home and have a fat grin", I`m definitely relieved to be home and have a fat GIN!!

Thankyou guest, your sentiment has indeed been echoed by others. I can only reiterate I`m not daft and I know although I`ve had a fair amount of experience none of it probably counts. To be honest I`m one of the most relaxed road drivers and as I said to a good friend of mine yesterday "99% of the time you`re just pobbling along".

I know you don`t buy a car like mine to "pobble" but I shall get to know the car at some airfield days with an A grade ARDS instructor and racer who is a good friend who can`t wait for a drive!

I love to pobble around! Such a nice drive. But I know that if I wanted to... And when I decide I'm gonna! I only have. 155bhp, that's awesome to drive. Stupidly fast, so scared to imagine yours.

Would you ever be able to use all the cars Horses on the road with normal wheels, I wonder.

Just about an hr away... Stockbridge is bang in the middle and a nice run out. How's about a nice run in the sun one day & meet up in Stockbridge?

It`s all about what you`re used to power wise. I`ve always had silly cars, as the old man puts it. My last everyday driver had 500bhp. You just learn to use the throttle as a potentiometer not an on off switch!

No you probably can`t use all the horses on the road and more to the point you shouldn`t. But it`s sure nice to know it`s there.

My every day driver is now a Passat CC diesel auto which has allowed me to buy my lovely Westie. I already love it, I actually patted it and said good car when I got back earlier!

Burlers sounds good. Do a sun dance!

I'm in Wiltshire - I want to to see this car. This and 'Porkies' Westie both have legendary status online. 

I should be doing Hullavington in May so let me know if your going. I live (literally) 5 minutes away from Hullavingon and when I did it last year it was really good fun. It was the first time I did an airfield trackday and I'll definitely be doing it again.

Burlers - I try harder to come say hello this time. The car's currently at Track Developments having a bit of pre-season TLC. 

Mike

I'm in Wiltshire - I want to to see this car. This and 'Porkies' Westie both have legendary status online. 

I should be doing Hullavington in May so let me know if your going. I live (literally) 5 minutes away from Hullavingon and when I did it last year it was really good fun. It was the first time I did an airfield trackday and I'll definitely be doing it again.

Burlers - I try harder to come say hello this time. The car's currently at Track Developments having a bit of pre-season TLC. 

Mike

I`m in contact with Lee (porkie) and Stu that built his and Lee`s cars. There`s been a lot of development work gone into them.

Rob that built my car has a much smaller (non existant) online presence but has built a number of track cars and his ability in the Nurburgring community is well known. I know one of his previous builds is now on over 1000 laps of the Nordshleife. This is also his 4th (I think) westie build. You can tell when you drive it.

If its not raining Saturday a mate (who is looking for a Seven) and I will be driving out, Perhaps a coffee at the food gallery in Marlborough? Be happy for you to see the car.

PS. A very good mate of mine lives in Bromham, is that far?

Hi Terzo Say hello to Dave G at TD!

Me too! I think we were wrapped up in the fun of the day

I'm doing the hillclimb school at Gurston in May too. Might be fun; I'll see how the funds go for Hullavington as it was a good day ;)

I`m in contact with Lee (porkie) and Stu that built his and Lee`s cars. There`s been a lot of development work gone into them.

Rob that built my car has a much smaller (non existant) online presence but has built a number of track cars and his ability in the Nurburgring community is well known. I know one of his previous builds is now on over 1000 laps of the Nordshleife. This is also his 4th (I think) westie build. You can tell when you drive it.

If its not raining Saturday a mate (who is looking for a Seven) and I will be driving out, Perhaps a coffee at the food gallery in Marlborough? Be happy for you to see the car.

PS. A very good mate of mine lives in Bromham, is that far?

18 miles apparently.

I'm of on wedding duties unfortunately. Great way to eat up the trackday budget....

I'm definately up for Hullavington though.

Hi Terzo Say hello to Dave G at TD!

Me too! I think we were wrapped up in the fun of the day

I'm doing the hillclimb school at Gurston in May too. Might be fun; I'll see how the funds go for Hullavington as it was a good day ;)

Will do Burlers. I'm waiting on my full rollcage but it still hasnt arrived. Arghh! 

If I remember correctly you've got a trailer too so adding Full Rollcage = Full Beans!!

What with that and Jonty's crazy horses I'll have my work cut out with you guys.... Superb ;)

New trailer - your right and thank god it fits in the garage...Just.

I'm looking forward to the season now like never before. I even bought a set of new race boots. Happy days!

Hill climb school is a great idea. I know they do this at Prescott and I was tempted. I have a friend who Hillclimbs and he's trying to get me to do it too