1st Westie....in at the deep end!

Jontysafe

Welcome Jonty, loving the car - crazy horses!

Hope to see you at hullavington then when it dries up ;)

I`ve come from a long series of M cars but this is somewhat different.

Hi and welcome to the Club.  It is always cheering to see another Cosworth powered Westfield join the fold.  You know, a car with a proper Engine  :d  :d  :d

I owned a, lets say, "Touring version" factory built ZEIW standard Green top powered car, complete with all the "Bells & Whistles" options on offer at the time and what a car that was.  Power delivery was silky smooth, the Suspension set up always promised to give a great ride experience, a T5 Gearbox with, for me the perfect ratios.  In fact, just to say it was a fabulous car is an understatement.

Please do not think I have visions in my head about an old lady having a tutorial of rubbing her gums on a freshly hard boiled egg, trying to extract the flavour so please forgive me if it comes over that way.

I take it the "M" in your quote refers to BMW and although powerful cars, your Westfield will be Head and Shoulders above, so all I am saying is get used to characteristics of the car before unleashing as given the quoted power figures, it will be Epic!

Enjoy that beautiful car, I know you will.

Thank you all! Great welcome here.

Bob I know what you mean I reminisce about some of the cars I let go in the past and some of them weren't even that good! Have very fond memories of my Renault 21 turbo and even a Renault 5 gtx. Funny how a lot of our introduction to fast (ish) cars comes from across La Manche!

Things I've looked into so far are a Caged cage and wider rear wheels and rubber.

Anyone got any recommendations on tyres/wheels?

Welcome Jonty, loving the car - crazy horses!

Hope to see you at hullavington then when it dries up ;)

Burlers, where in Hampshire are you?

Welcome,

I've seen too many threads where people just got their car and... "new tyres..." Or "Bit damp so I went careful and didn't expect..." Or my favourite, "I ended up facing the wrong way in the over taking lane of the dual carriage way".

As many have and will say BE CAREFUL. Unfortunately my experience of M car drivers are that it's a bit "look how fast I am!" In your car you'll know nothing can even come close. So let them shoot off, just relax and save it for the right moment.

Hi and welcome to the Club.  It is always cheering to see another Cosworth powered Westfield join the fold.  You know, a car with a proper Engine  :d  :d  :d

<snip>

I take it the "M" in your quote refers to BMW and although powerful cars, your Westfield will be Head and Shoulders above, so all I am saying is get used to characteristics of the car before unleashing as given the quoted power figures, it will be Epic!

Enjoy that beautiful car, I know you will.

Echo all that... I know that mine (NA) recalibrates the senses, so can only imagine what the full turbo effort must be capable of.

888s / A048s seem to get a lot of praise.  I run the former on mine (13" 205s), but they're not a big fan of low temperatures!

Welcome,

I've seen too many threads where people just got their car and... "new tyres..." Or "Bit damp so I went careful and didn't expect..." Or my favourite, "I ended up facing the wrong way in the over taking lane of the dual carriage way".

As many have and will say BE CAREFUL. Unfortunately my experience of M car drivers are that it's a bit "look how fast I am!" In your car you'll know nothing can even come close. So let them shoot off, just relax and save it for the right moment.

Thankyou guest, your sentiment has indeed been echoed by others. I can only reiterate I`m not daft and I know although I`ve had a fair amount of experience none of it probably counts. To be honest I`m one of the most relaxed road drivers and as I said to a good friend of mine yesterday "99% of the time you`re just pobbling along".

I know you don`t buy a car like mine to "pobble" but I shall get to know the car at some airfield days with an A grade ARDS instructor and racer who is a good friend who can`t wait for a drive!

Cheers Wile E Coyote, I have A048s on at the moment, 205/50/15s all round. I`d like 245s on the rear. None too common it seems. I have no idea what offsets I`d need.

Hi there and welcome.

Your car you need to be in the WSCC Speed Series!

Kumho V70s work well, most road going sprint/hillclimb folk use Super Soft but would be destroyed in one trackday so Mediums might work well.

To get the full benefit of that level of power I personally would have a set of slicks for trackdays. I believe you can pick up slightly used sets from race teams that won't bust the bank and have some life in them so you don't have to buy new. Also a set of cut slicks or proper race wets for when it is raining. No point in having a car like that and not pushing it to the limit. Don't do it on the road though, leave the fast stuff to the track.

Speed series is definitely a consideration, am waiting for wscc pack to come through the post to find out more.

I have promised myself I`ll race this year.

Hey Jonty I'm down in Ringwood. Where r u? (cant see on my phone)

There's a great group in the local forum, hope to meet up soon if you're not too far away :)