1st Westie....in at the deep end!

Jontysafe

Hello All,

Just joined today as I have recently bought the red Cosworth turbo powered westie that was advertised here.

It was delivered in all the snow so went straight in the garage. I`ve now been out in it a few times, bit depressing as it was so immaculate when it arrived. Will spend some time cleaning it when the weather improves.

What`s it like? Well it`s still running in a new engine and turbo so all a bit tight at the moment, but to say it`s quick is an understatement. It`s on A048s so hardly a Winter tyre hence have been treating it with kid gloves.

I can`t wait until Spring/Summer as it will have had its post running in mapping done and the launch control and anti-lag activated. As advert stated it`s currently on 1.3 bar and making 387bhp, been designed and built to take 2.6Bar.

I`ll be making a few modifications like wider rear tyres and putting my stamp on her over the next few months.

I`ve come from a long series of M cars but this is somewhat different.

I look forward to advice and assistance from you and perhaps meeting some of you on trackdays.

Welcome mate!

Looks an absolute belter of a car and if timing had been better may well have gone for it myself!

I guess it will be quite heavy with all the turbo gear but must be silly fast still so I'm sure it will be a barrel of laughs with plenty brown trouser moments for good measure.

I've had my somewhat tamer westfield for 2 years now and they are great and this club is fantastic and has been a huge help to me since I joined.

Cheers,

Dave

Thankyou for the welcome! I did move quite quickly on her, didn`t even go and see it. I got a good feeling about the build and the builder, the guy is just a gent and obviously very talented. I just rang up, put a deposit on then b*******ed off to Qatar for a week.

I`m not sure what she weighs but have all the corner weighting info at home. The car came with a file about 8 inches thick, all receipts etc etc

I think it`s probably the best thing i`ve done in a long time.

Welcome chap, nice car you have bought there.

Welcome. All I can say is......

Be careful.

I have a son called Jonty who loves your car  :d  welcome and as Norm says, take it steady mate 

Hi and welcome, look forward to seeing you and your car around somewhere this summer, if we get one!!!!!

Jonty, Jonty says hi.... we are often down in Yeovil - hopefully see you on the road/track one day.  TTFN 

• Like 1

Hi Jonty. If your car gains a few more horses, it will fly, literally. Bet you can't wait to drive it at Castle Coombe.

I may do hullavington before castle Combe, Combe is so bumpy like my local track thruxton. Car is set to maximum ride height and medium softness on adj suspension and is still lively!