Which glasses for an aeroscreen?

kevip6

I've only worn a helmet once (in heavy rain on the M6).

My aeroscreen directs all insects and small grit over my head. Never been hit by anything in the 10 years I've had an aeroscreen.

Light rain is deflected over my head but heavy rain and hail hit my forehead.

Not being critical but I have a suspicion that some of the Westfield aero's don't deflect high enough. On mine at, say 100 mph, I can hold my hand steady next t to my face. Raise it above my head and the wind bends it back to the point of feeling like it's being broken off.

Is yours the same?

... and clear glass for evening driving.

Use yellow lenses in the evening; the increased sensitivity to light is frankly astonishing (you have to try it to believe it).

Not being critical but I have a suspicion that some of the Westfield aero's don't deflect high enough. On mine at, say 100 mph, I can hold my hand steady next t to my face. Raise it above my head and the wind bends it back to the point of feeling like it's being broken off.

Is yours the same?

That's a fair point Norm.  Mine is a double bubble carbon version and although I haven't measured it I suspect it sits a little lower than the Westfield one I have with the smoked perspex upper screen.  I really don't mind wearing the helmet, although when I went out with a mate to whom I lent my spare, my daughter commented we looked like two  white boobs in a black bra....

, my daughter commented we looked like two  white boobs in a black bra....

A pair of tits in other words  :d 

I have the carbon double bubble screen and I plan to spend a bit of time setting it up at an angle that deflects the flow over my head properly.

I'll then use my helmet until I can be sure most of the debris is deflected properly.

I had that cheapo fibre glass one that used to be on eBay and like norm i found I could go quick without any trouble. Motorways were a bit uncomfortable with the airflow if you held your head wrong but I didn't go on them much so only used the helmet when I did. Most of the time I used a pair of oakleys in the sun and when it wasn't sunny I used safety glasses from the labs.

I only got hit one ore twice with stones and bugs didn't hurt that much just left a splat on your forehead :) lol

Tbf I've een hit with stones more in the BMW and with the screen/doors in the westy than I was with the aero

I've only worn a helmet once (in heavy rain on the M6).

My aeroscreen directs all insects and small grit over my head. Never been hit by anything in the 10 years I've had an aeroscreen.

Light rain is deflected over my head but heavy rain and hail hit my forehead.

Is yours the same?

Might be OK for you midgets , but with us 6 footers, yer baldy patay sticks way up in the jetstream :)

Another vote here for the Dixon Tac 3. My co pilot and I both have a pair and they are brilliant.

I generally go with these rather than the helmet for road use, unless its very cold.

Another vote here for the Dixon Tac 3. My co pilot and I both have a pair and they are brilliant.

I generally go with these rather than the helmet for road use, unless its very cold.

....the helmet is more comfortable on a longer run though.

I virtually always wear a helmet - but on the odd occasion when the wife comes out with me I insist that we wear safety specs plus some sort of headwear (usually a knitted hat or baseball cap)

by the way check out this one - http://www.swissonesafety.net/#/idCat=1&idSousCat=4&Titre=specific/ - which has the benefit of having LED lights (handy if you break down)

Once my new website is up and running and I can link to specific products I may see about signing up as a trade member and offering a discount code :t-up:

Rain really hurts! As do insects! I nearly always wear a helmet but do have some Wiley's for that legendary sunny day we get once a year...

Never had a problem with bugs and don't go out in rain (done about 5500 miles never had a bug or stone problem. Areoscreen, mirrirs and roll bar do get peppered. Do take helmet on major roads. As others have said aero screen deflect airflow very effectively must take bugs with it. I do have a lowered floor an at 5ft 8" don't stck up.

Use yellow lenses in the evening; the increased sensitivity to light is frankly astonishing (you have to try it to believe it).

I agree with Billypee that yellow glasses are very good at night giving good definition and reduced glare from oncoming headlamps!

Just fitted aeroscreen to mine..

Got nice helmet to match...

I`m a biker and at High speeds a bee HURTS...that`s hitting you on the bicep...through leathers...

I personally wouldn`t take a chance.....buy both and see which you like,helmets also keep the noise down a bit !

Not wishing to upset anyone (as nose gets longer), but whats the point of removing the screen and fitting a aero if you then wear your own personal tin top?