Which glasses for an aeroscreen?

kevip6

I'm almost converted to a dual scuttle windscreen/aeroscreen but I really don't want to have to wear a helmet all the time when I have the aeroscreen on.

What are the options for decent glasses that will protect my eyes from debris and also give me options for sunglasses and clear glass for evening driving.

What are you aeroscreen drivers using?

• Like 1

I like the look of these which a few people on here seem to have.http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/product.php/233/ballistic-glasses-gogglesThink you might just have missed a discount in the members section.

Thanks for the reply

I'd seen those earlier, and they seem ideal. Thought I'd see if there were any popular alternatives

I purchased the TAC-3 glasses with the SKCC discount (20%).  Work really well, but with the recent weather you really need the crash helmet.

:down::)

Glasses good for eyes but if you get hit on the face or head by a pebble off road surface or even a large flying insect you will wish you had worn a helmet

I do agree about the helmet but I also want to be able to jump in the car on a sunny day and drive down the country roads without a helmet on.

I'm not talking about main roads or following traffic, if I had somewhere to go I'd either put the screen and doors on or wear the helmet. A hat of some sort would offer some element of protection against insects etc... And if you avoid the kinds of roads with any traffic then you should be safer from stones etc...

I guess I'll know more when I finally get to drive it with the aeroscreen.

I use the UK eyewear glasses and find them great. For short runs on sunny days I just use normal sunglasses, but check they meet the British standards for safety specs - you don't want them shattering!!

I need to we're glasses when driving tried a few types found these best

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nannini-Goggles-Black-LEATHER-Chrome-Retro-Motor-Car-Vintage-Classic-N-Route-/251038466074?pt=UK_Helmets_Headwear_Goggles&var=&hash=item3a730f001a think I paid £60 for mine plus cost of lenses at opticians.

For cold weather and motorways have a flip up helmet from lidless about £23 during one of there offers last year.

Got an assortment, in several different tints:

Bolle Tracker * (lots on eBay but I found a site safety place that was doing them for about £7-8 pair)

Rayzor * (e.g: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RayZor-Uv400-2In1-Ski-Sunglasses-Goggles-RRP-119-00-/200422690240?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_GogglesSunglasses_JN&hash=item2eaa1f8dc0

Some slimline ski/snowboard goggles (eBay again) - probably my favourite

* same basic concept as the UK Eyewear ones but 1/4 of the price (admittedly not with interchangable lenses, but I just keep a clear pair in the car, which must be easier than messing around changing the lenses)!

I also bought a spare flip front motorbike helmet for guests that has an internal visor (albeit it's not great due to the differing head angles between a motorcyclist and driver) - came in at all of £40ish from the local bike superstore.

Safety aside, if you are tempted to drive with sunglasses, choose ones you don't mind getting chipped.

I need to we're glasses when driving tried a few types found these best http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nannini-Goggles-Black-LEATHER-Chrome-Retro-Motor-Car-Vintage-Classic-N-Route-/251038466074?pt=UK_Helmets_Headwear_Goggles&var=&hash=item3a730f001a think I paid £60 for mine plus cost of lenses at opticians.

Out of interest, what's the quality like of the Nanninis?  I like the look of their Streetfighter model but nowhere locally seems to stock them.

I used to buy some expensive goggles and have prescription lenses made.

I then saw sense.

If the public are going to stare at the stupid man in the stupid car I decided I didn't really care if I looked more stupid.

So, I bought a pair of Birdz goggles that are large enough to wear glasses under. They're not smart or fashionable but I think we paid (bulk buy) less than £20 a pair.

I have the UK Eyewear glasses but, and I know I'll not convince you, I always wear a full face crash helmet.  It takes no longer really to get ready, it protects your hearing better (although in the 'busa I use earplugs as well) and it only takes one stone to be flicked up to regret not wearing one for the rest of your life.