Run to The de Havilland / Mosquito Museum. April 7th 2013

Andy Banks

All Areas Welcome!

A proposed run to the de Havilland / Mosquito Aircraft Museum on Sunday 7th April.

If the numbers of cars are around ten then we can meet at the Harts Horns Pub (51.786199,-0.086837 in Google Maps) then a nice run down the B158 to the Museum. If there are more than ten of us, then we should meet at the Cowper Arms (51.784273,-0.139368 in Google maps) as this has more space and a slightly shorter run down the 158.

Meet time at either location will be 10:00. It's about 20mins to the Museum from there so we should get there for opening time.

I will be contacting the Museum nearer the time to let them know we are coming, so an idea of numbers would be useful. The entrance is a little lumpy and tight so I will see if we can use the coach entrance instead. I also aim to have them let us park up next to the planes, so bring your camera.

Museum details: http://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/

Lets try a list of names so you can keep tabs on numbers.

Please copy and paste the list and add your name if you are joining in.

Andy

Pete

Me too ... went a few years ago. Hopefully we can get one of the retired volunteers that actually worked on the planes to be a tour guide.

1. Andy
2. Pete

2. Mark

4.David (Xtr2turbo)

Me too ... went a few years ago. Hopefully we can get one of the retired volunteers that actually worked on the planes to be a tour guide.

1. Andy

2. Pete

2. Mark

4.David (Xtr2turbo)

5. Bernie

Hope to make this again Andy and it will be nice to get some piccies of the car by the planes .

I'm up for this. Will have a passenger.

1. Andy
2. Pete
2. Mark
4.David (Xtr2turbo)
5. Bernie

6. Neil (Thames valley)

1. Andy

2. Pete

2. Mark

4.David (Xtr2turbo)

5. Bernie

6. Neil (Thames valley)

7. Houseb

looks like you will have to consider a larger place to meet if it carries on at this rate Andy!

Put me down for one more from Thames Valley

1. Andy
2. Pete
2. Mark
4.David (Xtr2turbo)
5. Bernie
6. Neil (Thames valley)
7. Houseb

8. Neil + 1 (Thames valley)

Put me down for one more from Thames Valley

1. Andy

2. Pete

2. Mark

4.David (Xtr2turbo)

5. Bernie

6. Neil (Thames valley)

7. Houseb

8. Neil + 1 (Thames valley)

9. Cleggy - (Cambs massive) on the calendar - hope to make it

• 3 weeks later...

OK. So I'll need to find a new meeting place, it would be a shame to miss out on the B158  ;)

I'll post up some suggestions shortly...

Right e o

I suggest we meet at the Riverside Garden Centre (51.783161,-0.095122 in Google Maps). They should have the gates open by 10:00 which suits and as a few of you will have already done a few miles I'm going to pop over later this week and ensure they have the coffee and tea going and are happy for us to pitch up for 15mins.

I'll post back with an update...