Alaska cruise - drinks package advice

Terry Everall

Going on Alaska cruise ( ship is Celebrity Century )to glaciers etc but am confused about how to pay for option of drinks packages

Non alcoholic

Alcoholic etc

Seems price is per night and I assume per person ( seems about £35 each ) so about £500 for a week for the 2 of us

Any advice please?

Well you won't be short of ice for your G & T's

Just noticed even with the package they add 15% tip on top you have to pay

My mum and dad go on a few a year, and next one is for 30days, I'm sure they just pay for what they get

Seems a rip off unless you're an acoholic £35 per person each day/night - that's a good amount of booze your liver will be kippered drinking that each day :( even at boat inflated prices

Its my wallet I am worked about not my liver!

Is it £35 per person or can you buy for others?

It says per person.

I'd pay as you go. Only problem is that the drinks will probably be mega expensive so you may be better off buying a package.

Tell you what, let us know when you get back  :)

What I cant find out is how much wine and beer are bought separately

Sodding con, I suspect either way you will pay through the roof for this as on a cruise you are captive audience. However I suspect a couple of decent G+Ts will be a tenner + onboard. Even though I know youre not much of a drinker ;)  I'd be tempted to go for the fixed package as then you know your costs. Once your on board you'll get to see the individual prices and then you will know what you have drink each day to break even.

I'd take a couple of bottles on board with me and pick up more if needed on stop-overs :) Put the money to one side in advance and use it as your "booze money" if you have any left over it can go back in your pocket - if its all gone then you've had a memorable cruise :d

I'd take a couple of bottles on board with me and pick up more if needed on stop-overs :) Put the money to one side in advance and use it as your "booze money" if you have any left over it can go back in your pocket - if its all gone then you've had a memorable cruise :d

Eggsakery, a couple of 3ltr wine boxes and a couple of litres of your favourite spirit in one of your suitcases.

Have a couple of drinks before you go for your meal, then you've just got to top yourself up at rip off prices. :t-up:  :d

Search suitcases ????!!! for booze - ???!!! sounds as if they do rip you off :(  I'd still give it a go,  hide a few "treats" amongst woolly jumpers, I doubt whether they have scanners and a locked suitcase is your property and only opened by Customs and Police :down:

I suspect they way they work it is to give you a "swipe card" with your booze credit on that is debited each time you pay for your drinks ;)  "ker-ching" ???

just spoke to my dad (ex cruise travel agent), and celbrity are an american cruise line and therefore booze is dearer.

Off hand he thinks that a bottle of wine would be around £25; and cocktail of the day around £7 and he think you could buy the package on the day on boarding onto the ship.

he says think of london prices.

he also says it might we worth it on a day sailing, but maybe not on excursion day, just depends if you are a drinker

cheers

john