Westfield GT 5000cc "Flymo"

RWDKurt

• 1 month later...

Kurt, did this old girl sell last month?  James 

Hi James, no she's still available. A couple of enquiries recently but nothing concrete as yet.

Is your Westy road legal?

I saw this car while browsing Autotrader (never expect much on there!). What a machine. Shame it's not road legal as plenty of people would be silly enough to use it on the road :d

Yeah, very limited market not being road legal unfortunately.

If it was road legal I'd be sticking my hands down the back of the sofa and it would be sitting on my driveway by now!

Dave

If was road legal I'd done the same as above!

My enjoyment as shifted and having one in the garage to use in quiet bimbles is what I enjoy and use it for now. Had enough of being driven into! Was daily drive and track day toy... Flymo would be entertaining around town!

I have a plan that when I start my new job in January to purchase the Flymo, paint it orange like an actual flymo and get it road legal AND get it on the track and do the speed series - but as I drive like my Nan I dont know if i'm just living a pipe dream of having a 5.0L V8 westy......  but as I have a weird life anyway I dont think it's actually that weird........ 

Not sure how much it would cost to get road legal.  I would imagine the biggest cost would be the IVA itself and perhaps the emissions would be a pest?

Have you considered sorting that out to get the car sold?  I would imagine whatever you spent getting it road legal would be recouped in an increased sale price once road registered.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave - point taken, but I think it's a close call between what it would cost and what it would add to the value to go down the road legal route. And I'm not as handy with a spanner as some on here...

A great project for the next owner should they wish to?

Kurt, you read my mind......I've got an empty workshop thanks to the robbery last week and I have loads of stihl orange paint......  :)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.