Electric mirror thread

s2rrr

Can anyone steer me towards the fitting of the electric mirrors which I read recently. They were MG one I believe and I can't find the topic. Doh

Bob  Ta in advance   :love:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• s2rrr

• KugaWestie

• SteveD

• User0083

Top Posters In This Topic

bobski you can reach both of them from your drivers seat you lazy A*** git :laugh:  :p  :cry:

About sums it up Steve, was just wanting to see if it was an easy one to do. Fully agree with the lazy ar*e bit.

Bob :)

its not a big job wuv , i have the part number of the mirror at work there off a mgf

Thats the one will bookmark it or whatever they call it. Thanks for the help. Failing that I will print it, best read it to see if its got a noddies guide to the wiring.

Steve if you could drop me the numbers sometime via email/pm or whatever it would be helpful. When I was on my last and first track day. I knocked the mirror when walking passed and forgot to adjust it. Real PITA when you're all bolted in to have to sort,, just another lame excuse for being lazy and a partial trainee Gadgetman. 

Thanks both

Bob  :)  :) :)  

Bob, I have a little spreadsheet with the wiring details on it if you want it.

You can pick the mirrors up on ebay fairly cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=mgf+electric+mirror&_sacat=0&_from=R40

And also the switch complete with connector and section of loom

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MGF-MGTF-MIRROR-SWITCH-FREE-P-P-ELECTRIC-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-SWITCH-WIRE-/181047411112?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a274441a8

I'm on a beer free January (apart from Fridays- had that written in the contract) and probably a healthier diet so hopefully the extra couple of grammes will match what I loose by "hard exercise" -----Not.

Gary Steve and guest  lots of info and Ebay links to play with will have a butchers and see what I can rustle up. If the wiring can be stuck into the blog it should go into the Technical section as a "guide to" excellent effort by all.

You never know though I may loose more than the additional weight.

Bob  :d  :d :d  :d  :d  

Oi!  :angry: 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

I have wondered about having a go myself for a bit; the bl**** passenger mirror always get knocked out of position and my poor raddled brain always forgets to adjust it till I'm strapped in and about to reverse down the drive.

Don't tell me I've out gadgetted the gadgetman - no chance Dave. Just ordered the bits off the bay £40 mirrors + £7 for the switch plug and a bit of cable, it said something about the new mirror price being £130 and I'm not paying that. Trying to keep up with you mate but have a way to go yet, the bits will be in my garage for a good while I guess. Got to stick on my arch protectors when the tigerseal arrives as well. None stop this upgrade millarky.

Bob  :down:  :d  :down:  :d  :westy:  :westy:  :westy:  

gayers bl**** gayers :cry:

If the wiring can be stuck into the blog it should go into the Technical section as a "guide to" excellent effort by all.

Not sure about the "all" bit Bob :p

Wiring details now added to the blog :t-up:

Excellent stuff KW, Mr Davies has called Gadgetman and I gayers is that an insult ???? :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  can't be he's the diplofat. Still keep chuckling about that bl**dy video he put on with the guy sat in that chair and his bits hanging down. what the devil and howTF.

Will have a look at the sketch right now when I've finished poncing about on this reply.

Cheers

Bob :d