Essex Area is now on Facebook

Mark (smokey mow)

Following the trend of the other local areas to have a dedicated facebook page, I'm pleased to announce that I've now set one up too for us folks in sunny Essex.

Hopefully this will be a place where in future where we can post pictures of our runs out, trackdays and shows and also for the benifit of those that don't go on the forum so often we can keep you all up to date about any future events that may be happening in the area. 

http://www.facebook.com/wsccessex

It only went live an hour ago so appologies for the current lack of content :) but I hope this will soon change.

Mark

Already posted Mark, well done for getting this sorted.

Tiggs

Thanks Paul, and also thanks to everone else who has liked the page so far :t-up:

Copycat....

Yes :yes:

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Numbers are slowly growing :) thanks to all those that have liked us so far :yes:

I've liked, but I'm not a big user of facebook. Can't see why I would want to go there for westfield stuff rather than here. If there's something that this website doesn't offer the on-line westy nut, then surely it would be better to add to this site? Local area sections for instance?

Not meaning to pee on your efforts setting it up Mark, I know lots of people are addicted to facebook, I'm just a facebook curmudgeon who values his privacy and is probably a bit paranoid  :down:

Ben 

Facebook is one of a number of contact methods for AOs to reach members, not the only one, so I applaud your efforts Mark, well done and keep up the good work!

/updated the club's Local Area map, now off to see if a certain engine change video is on the page... :laugh:

Actually, you'd be surprised; I've got local members who have quite openly said they're glad we've now gone on FB, as they get all the automatic updates/reminders etc. They are club members that don't and won't come on the Boardroom. (Interestingly, they're not, as I imagined they might be, younger members That you'd think of as the Facebook generation).

I'm not a fan personally, my own FB bit that I needed in order to set up the club site has very little activity. But it's an important extra method of communication.

/updated the club's Local Area map, now off to see if a certain engine change video is on the page... :laugh:

Remember to turn the sound up

:d  :d :d

A lot of us old boys don't use Facebook, and itis good for younger lads to see that there is a Westfield community out there, hopefully at somepoint hey will join the Boardroom.