2004 (04) Seiw Sport 2000 Duratec - Sold

Matta

Car now sold (sorry Andy) to Barry (brh70) from Stirling.

As he's a local lad, I'm sure the other Scottish Westie folks will make him very welcome - they're a great bunch.

I will be back in the future with another car but that won't be until my 2 eldest kids have finished Uni - hence why I'm completely skint and the car had to go.

Very sad day for me but delighted for Barry.

Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 (04) SEiW Sport 2000 Duratec – 18k miles, MOT to end 8/13 (no advisories) and taxed.

Excellent condition car in yellow gelcoat with black viper stripes. No chrome – all black powdercoat. Built with all new parts buy the Westfield factory in 2004 and registered accordingly. Two previous owners.

Engine:
Standard 192ps (WF claim 200) Duratec with OMEX 600 ECU, Raceline/Jenvey TB’s and Raceline baffled sump, 7” Wunoff repackable silencer with built-in cat. It willl be due an oil change in the spring.

Drivetrain:
Mitchell Cotts MCT75 5-speed gearbox with WF quickshift. Freelander 3.21 diff with Quaife ATB.

Suspension:
Widetrack, front (outboard) & rear ARB’s, adjustable Nitron shocks, discs all round (vented with AP 4 pot calipers at front , standard Golf rear calipers), WF alloy hubs, Satin black Team Dynamics 7x15 Pro-Race 1.2’s with 205/50x15 Toyo T1R’s(~18 months old).

Interior:
RAC roll bar, contoured dash, quick-release steering wheel, WF sports seats (leather I think) with yellow piping, black carpets with yellow piping, 2 full sets of keys, heater, 2 map pockets and fire extinguisher. Lockable bonnet and fuel cap. Smiths white dial instruments and 12V auxiliary socket. Bolt-on rear arches with carbon-effect arch protectors. Bootbox.

Weather gear:
Full tonneau with centre zip, boot tonneau, full hood, doors, half hood and wind deflectors. Satin black windscreen and 2-speed wipers.

Work done in my ownership:
All fuel hoses replaced when I bought it. I also fitted a mechanical Cosworth thermostat and altered the pipework (so not over-cooled), redtop race battery and CTEK battery conditioner/charger. Replaced the coilpack, added a set of Beru leads and also fitted Schroth 5-point harnesses (only using 4 with the WF seats). Added the Wunoff silencer with a custom-fabricated stainless pipe to replace the distinctly average factory-fitted one.

I fitted the widetrack (Rally Design but with steel camber adjusters and nylon bushes). Set with 1.5 deg negative camber and 1/16” toe-out. The car starts and drives extremely well. I’m a really fussy b***** and it had a really thorough going over when I bought it, so no hidden issues.

Diff & LSD have just been professionally rebuilt (Oct. 12) with all new bearings and seals. Gearbox to prop donut also replaced while it was stripped down.

Car was set up on Sitech’s rolling road in Dunfermline late last year.

Visible faults:
Slight chip (~6mm) on rear edge of bonnet and slight crazing on bonnet but hidden under viper stripe – it’s the point directly above the Duratec oil filler cap. One rear wheel slightly scuffed but touched up and not really noticeable. Minor chip in windscreen but hidden by interior mirror when you’re in the car (not an MOT issue). I have a pair of old black WF cycle wings on it at the moment but also have the original wide WF yellow ones too.

I’ve only had this car for just over a year (it replaced one I was unfortunate enough to wreck) and I hadn’t planned to sell it, as it took me a while to find the right car for me.
It really is in excellent condition, well maintained and regularly used but it isn’t an ornament and is on the road all year round.
I want SOLD for it. Price isn’t negotiable and I’ll keep it if there are no takers.

I have a spare set of 7x15 Image billet split-rims with part worn 205/50x15 888’s that I kept for track days from my last car and they are available by separate negotiation if the car is sold.

Some pics below but I have plenty I can email out if anyone is interested. Please PM me or email to mattdotalexanderatvirgindotnet and I'll bore you to death talking about it. Advertising the car has been a really difficult decision to make.

Located in central Scotland.

DSCN3036.jpg
DSCN3038.jpg
DSCN3179.jpg
DSCN3183-1.jpg
DSCN3189-1.jpg
DSCN3037.jpg
DSCN3092.jpg

You have an email.…

Andy

Hi Andy - replied.

Cheers,

Matt

Sounds like a super spec, good luck with the sale.

Hope we are still going to see you at Applecross :) Its only 217 sleeps to go.

Its a lovely car and been very well looked after by Matt.

Good luck with the sale.

Kev

Hope we are still going to see you at Applecross :) Its only 217 sleeps to go.

Its a lovely car and been very well looked after by Matt.

Good luck with the sale.

Kev

Thanks Kev - I'll still be there one way or another!

Matt

• Like 1

I take it you lost the battle Matt, the Scottish contingent losing another car. Best of luck with the sale!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They seek him hear, they seek him there, they seek that elusive Echoz everywhere ;)

You've got a spiffy new label beneath your avatar too!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.