10 Years On. A Bit Of Coast2Coast History

studbuckle

"bl**dy Hell" I said to Carla last week. It's been more than ten years since the first Coast2Coast.

It all started with when I witnessed a Land Rover Coast2Coast tour in the Lakes and I thought 'That would be cool in the Westy'.

A few weeks later and with Andy Lyall helping out we ran the first trip.

Just a handful of cars and only a couple doing both days but the bug bit.

The following few years we ran it again and it got bigger and bigger.

So by way of a celebration i've put the

. This is not quite the DVD that was done but close

Enjoy

Si

I spotted a couple of Algars in that vid.. one looking very young!

I didn't do the first one, but showed up for the second day of the 2003 to 06 C2Cs, Was there any more after 06.. can't remember. :blush: Happy days Si. :yes:

We did it again (as a Yorkshire C2C) this year although not quite in the same format. It was blazing hot both days. The editor says my article may appear in the next magazine. And thanks to Si for some duplication of the route -your baby lives on!!

Rory's Dad

• Like 1

Yep, we did the first one, did 300 miles in a Busa that day and it didn;t miss a beat, the trip across Hartside pass on the way was a blast at about 6:30 am. Had to look out for the Pheasants sitting on the road though. Great day with only 4 people on the Sat I think. More on the sunday, but couldn't make that.

Hyah Simon, nice to hear your still around, how are you both?

Hyah Simon, nice to hear your still around, how are you both?

We're both fine and recently Married Paul :)

We've still got eh SEiGHT but just not used him properly for a few years. Could do with going to a new home but it's like selling a child.

I spotted a couple of Algars in that vid.. one looking very young! I didn't do the first one, but showed up for the second day of the 2003 to 06 C2Cs, Was there any more after 06.. can't remember. :blush: Happy days Si. :yes:

You're right Andrew. 2006 was our last Coast2Coast and then we ran the one and only Long Way North in 2008.

After that interest dwindled as costs rose and our time got squeezed.