Crossflow Engine

Ciprian

Im after a standard crossflow 1600 GT engine that i could use for a Formula Ford car. Would be looking to get it profesionally rebuilt by the likes of Bold.

Priced depending on state and running order but the engine needs to be standard.

What have you got?

Try having a look on the Turbosport forum, they often turn up on there.

I have an engine in with Neil Bold for a rebuild he has a great reputation in the FF world,I am lucky as he's just up the road from me.

Item 280998364408 on fleebay ended yesterday not sold on a buy it now of £225

He has a phone number in the text if you look it up

will keep an eye on turbosport, good tip! i'll have a word with the guy on ebay whos engine did not sell.

that engine that didnt sell on ebay is not commercialy viable to be made into a FF engine.

I have one that i'll be removing out of my narrow car. Only problem is I don't know if its standard or not. I'll have a read through the paperwork I got with the car and let you know.

the more reading i do the more complicated it sounds to make a conversion from a standard car to a FF1600 engine. basically most of the engines on road cars have been modified one way or another, making it almost imposible to make the conversion back on the cheap. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Look on uphill racers forum, one rebuilt to FF standard ready to go complete with dry sump pump etc. £2500

Closed for maintenance. Will try again later. Cheers

ciprian - my mate Russ has 2 1600 711m X-Flow blocks from when he ran a FF car. located Northampton, happy to put u in touch. james

cheers mate, i'll get back to you. so far, i've bought a car with a running engine and am thinking to have one built for spare. will see how that pans out.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.