Zetec Starting Trouble!

housebuilder

Finished the wiring and decided to put some fuel in and give her a turn.

I have a spark and after reversing the two wires on the fuel pump I have fuel being delivered to the fuel rail.

The car wont start and I cannot smell any fuel in the pots with the plugs out.

I have taken off the fuel rail and turned the engine over but nothing seems to be coming out of the injectors. Should I expect to see something?

Any help or suggestions appreciated as always

Have you got the flow and return fuel connections to the rail the correct way round?

The return fuel line is the one connected to the fuel pressure regulator.

Have you plugged in a laptop to the Omex ECU and followed the initial setup for the TPS?

I love this forum!!

Yep right way round smokey.

Haven't plugged the ECU into the computer yet.

Will give that a try

Thanks guys

Have to fess up now smokey!

Just checked and they were the wrong way round!!!

Changed them and it started first turn

thanks very much

thanks very much

:d:t-up:

I only guessed that because i've made the exact same mistake myself in the past :oops: it's so easily done.

S/W allows you to set the min and wide open throttle (WOT) position for your Throttle Position Sensor - essentially allows the ECU to understand your mechanical throttle set up. To be fair, I wouldn't have thought it would have effected start up as you would have pressed the accelerator but you will need to set it to get the idle etc set up - are you using the Ford single Throttle Body or the OMEX/Jenvey Individual TBs? Took me over a month to get the synchrometer working and balance the Jenvey TBs - but what a roar when I did!!!

If you're running the S/W on Windows7 you'll have to make a folder and then use the configure on the MAP3000 S/W to point to it - I think my blog covered this in mid-ish Aug.

Have fun

Jon H

thanks very much

Huh amateurs can't think of anyone who would do this ...... Oh hang on .................. (funny mine wouldn't start either !)

Amatuer I am!

To be fair it just looked like they were the right way round.

When smokey mentioned the pressure relief valve (and I realised what that was!!) I realised that that was the return side

Amatuer I am!

To be fair it just looked like they were the right way round.

When smokey mentioned the pressure relief valve (and I realised what that was!!) I realised that that was the return side

I flattened my battery and spent ages trying to work this one having persuaded myself they were right !

When we built a car on the Westfield stand at Stoneleigh back in 2006 i think, we did that as well......but with a few hubdred public looking on listening to the starter chattering away. Swapped the lines over and flick of the key :t-up: