Westfield What Power Do I Need

forever

is the gearstick selecting backside first on that blade ???

from memory there is something you have to change on the early blade box to reverse it ???

Sounds like your a biker looking for the same type of performance.

No, 'cos then he'd be looking for sub 3 second to 60 :cool::yes:

It would be useful to blag a passenger ride in every type you fancy. Get along to your local meeting and ask!! No need to be a club member.

Rory's Dad

My thoughts exactly.

Where are you? Any club meets nearby? People will be willing to offer a passenger ride and a good look round, talk about the pros and cons of their particular car and setup. That's the joy of kits, so many options, so many horses, so many courses.

I can vouch for the 'blade Vs Elise, and mine's not a fancy racing version with the aero screen and Stig helmet

My thoughts exactly.

Where are you? Any club meets nearby? People will be willing to offer a passenger ride and a good look round, talk about the pros and cons of their particular car and setup. That's the joy of kits, so many options, so many horses, so many courses.

I can vouch for the 'blade Vs Elise, and mine's not a fancy racing version with the aero screen and Stig helmet

I am near Oxted...

Mr Mark Forever,

Why Do. You need or are looking for 4.5 sec car.....how good is your reaction time and would a 5.5 sec car feel as fast? Just seems an odd statement to make.

If you are doing some sprints and hill climbs, then I would be looking for a car with really good adjustable suspension and ARB's, well sorted brakes and a decent gearbox, diff and wheels/tyres....oh and professionally or competently set up. Perhaps also with fire extinguisher or remote battery isolator fitted and a cage or at least a braced rear roll structure. The engine is only one part of the picture and all can be made to go well.

Mr Mark Forever,

Why Do. You need or are looking for 4.5 sec car.....how good is your reaction time and would a 5.5 sec car feel as fast? Just seems an odd statement to make.

Because its replacing my Cerbera which was less than 4.0 sec to 60, i like that amount of power/acceleration in my toy car ;)

Edited by forever

Acceleration is fine but its the way a Westfield cling to the track and goes round corners that is impressive and very very quick compared to other cars

A TVR Cerbera is not in the same league

I did a trackday at Cadwell a few years ago with the TVR club ( I was in my road legal Busa) and I was not passed all day and lapped most cars in any session. I even gave a TVR chimera driver a passenger ride to see why he was being lapped !

He thought he was about to die as I went into Coppice flat out ( no lift)

Until you drive one you will not believe the performance and raw driving sensation

What Telboy says, Cerbera and a Westfield couldn't be more different cars.

I took a guy out recently who is selling a monsterous horsepower Audi RS4 on the grounds that 600bhp is brilliant down the straights at the Nurburgring but not really useable on a twisty Welsh mountain road. A Westfield you can chuck around easier on tighter UK local circuits and hillclimbs. Plus spares, servicing, tax, insurance, everything is cheaper and on the road the Westfield would run rings around a 2-tonne estate with 600bhp on turning, getting it off the line and braking.

Above 100mph the big horsepower and aerodynamics would come into their own. Had a play with a new M5 and on a road with lots of roundabouts, he had to brake, I just turned the wheel, as soon as we got onto a dual carriageway he was well over a ton and off he went while I chickened of losing my licence at 80.

I agree with most of the above - I know what the guys are getting at regarding the components of the vehicle are as important than the actual bhp figure

If you are used to pretty quick cars then 175bhp plus from a car engined car will do you nicely and still give you a bit of a shove - mine is about 180ish and will keep up/be quicker than most supercars up to 100mph - beyond that anything with a slippery body will start pulling away from you

As above though - on a dry day there is very little that can stay with a nicely setup "7" with even modest power output on a track like Cadwell

More importantly they will take much more abuse than other types of cars on track (if that is your intended use) and when setup are very, very enjoyable to drive

I went to Cadwell last night and despite the weather had an amazing time going sideways (rarely on purpose) - although I did get passed by a diesel Seat :blush: due to the very wet conditions :laugh:

I just think you'll struggle to get that big oomph, torquey V8 feeling from a Westie, it's too small, light and nimble. It's not a replacement for a Cerbera.

It's just as much fun, some would say more fun, but in a very different way. I'd forget all about comparing the two, it's like comparing what is better: A fish or a bicycle?

It's possibly being deleted as you keep advertising your car for sale which is only officially allowed for club members.

Correct - smorse, you have email from the moderation team.

At sprints we measure 0-64 ft times and at around 2sec from a standstill thats quite a wallop and you would not get that in a big heavy car!

Get a passenger ride on a trackday with aquick driver and you will see what I mean

Some may know of my Cerbera engined Westie that gives you both. It is a very individual choice and I would not recommend it as your first Westfield. It is too much engine for the aerodynamics but fun nontheless and my own choice. You are best to start with a cheap entry car asess your real motivation and then sell or modify to what you fnd you find gives you most enjoyment.