Westfield What Power Do I Need

forever

Hi All,

Looking for a westie, i need to know which model/bhp i need to be aiming for as i would like a sub 4.5 second car..

thanks,

Mark

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/95751-westfield-se-c20xe-road-legal-competion-car-you-saw-it-1st-here/page__pid__969805#entry969805

This is a bargain and would be pretty close. If not then the engine could be tuned further...

Oh, I've never spoken to the guy, just look at it before reading this.

In a car weighing under 600kg anything over 135bhp will get you to 60 in about 4.5. A decent set of gear ratios and the correct gearing is just as important though and will influence the time.

Hi All,

Looking for a westie, i need to know which model/bhp i need to be aiming for as i would like a sub 4.5 second car..

thanks,

Mark

Sounds like your a biker looking for the same type of performance.

Lived in Germany, had Ducati 916, came to uk... Riding here's suicide. I have a SeiW, 1800 zetec, some tuning, 154BHP and I think it's far better than the bike.

Lived in Germany, had Ducati 916, came to uk... Riding here's suicide. I have a SeiW, 1800 zetec, some tuning, 154BHP and I think it's far better than the bike.

I too had a Ducati 916, sold that and just aquired a Megablade, smiles all round from me and a great replacement

http://forum.wscc.co...805#entry969805

This is a bargain and would be pretty close. If not then the engine could be tuned further...

Oh, I've never spoken to the guy, just look at it before reading this.

That would be great but need a wide body, as i have err a wide body ;),

So anything over 135bhp would get me there..

its not how fast you go, it's how you go fast :-) 135 should be plenty - depends what you want - road car? sprint? track day? race?

Looking for sprint/hill climb plus fast road..

Sorry another question, which is the more tunable engine, i am going to look at a car with a pinto 2.0 (cosworth spec 205 block), running at 165, I guess is that the most it will run at? would i be better with a zetec 2.0? or a bike based engine?

If you want power for your bucks then I think BEC, say a blade (1000cc with 8 injectors) should be on your list. Mine produces 166bhp at the wheels straight out of the bike with just a powercommander fitted. And a BEC car is much lighter than a CEC so its a bit quick!

Looking for sprint/hill climb plus fast road..

Sorry another question, which is the more tunable engine, i am going to look at a car with a pinto 2.0 (cosworth spec 205 block), running at 165, I guess is that the most it will run at? would i be better with a zetec 2.0? or a bike based engine?

get a V8 :)

I like duratec's they are modern light good torque and with a type 9 with long first and decent diff ratio good road car. 145-220bhp is achievable with reasonable cost.

Just go route 1 and get a blade car

Its cheaper and easier

Engine even comes with its own gearbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It would be useful to blag a passenger ride in every type you fancy. Get along to your local meeting and ask!! No need to be a club member.

Rory's Dad