Zetec Sump Question

wesacosa

Hi All

Had a good look around the forum and other places but cant seem to find an answer to this question.

Is the Westfield supplied Zetec 2.0L sump baffled, and hence suitable for track days. I have seen lots of posts suggesting the Raceline or Dunnell sump, and a lot of posts saying the Std Ford sump is not suitable but I cant seem to find any info about the Westfield part other than its shortned and is modified for north/south installation. Anyone had experience of using one on a trackday, or know if they are baffled? Hoping to find out without going to the trouble of taking mine off and having a look.

Thanks

Wes

I know the standard 1800 Zetec is NOT baffled!!!!!

I'm sure that when I was talking to Mark at the factory and I was looking at the race cars they were building he said the only engine difference was the addition of an oil cooler. If this were the case then the standard set-up should be ok for track days.

My westfield 1800 zetec sump wasn't modified by westfield to add any baffles. Didn't think the Westfield 2.0 standard sump was baffled easier. If there are standard baffles in it from Ford then they will be useless as the engine is mounted longitudinally rather than transverse as in a Ford.

thanks for the replies,

looking through the receipts on mine it looks like the engine was sourced from somewhere else and a sump bought from westfield. Looking on the westfield website I assume it must be one of these http://retweeter.co.uk/magento/index.php/engine-drivetrain-exhaust/ford-zetec-sump-including-pick-up-pipe.html , although mine was build in 1999 so no guarantee its the same

I considered upgrading from the Westfield Zetec sump to a Raceline one as part of the initial build but was advised by Mark Walker that the Westfield sump would be more than adequate for my road and track day use and it was what they used on their Drive Experience cars. I'm only at the final stages of my build so haven't tried it yet - hopefully before the end of the summer/autumn.

I've been advised by N'ton Motorsport to have a Raceline sump on my 2 litre Zetec rebuild. And I've taken that advice.

I've been advised by N'ton Motorsport to have a Raceline sump on my 2 litre Zetec rebuild. And I've taken that advice.

Worth it for the extra ground clearance as well as the baffles. :t-up: Looks cool too. :cool: