Trailer Wanted For Loan In North London / Herts Area

Andy Banks

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

I'm off to Blyton next Thursday for the Friday track day and will be around most of the weekend helping out. But, I also now need to go to Birmingham for work on the Thursday.

Looking at the weather and knowing what a nightmare it is to drive in the rain I'm thinking of trailering the Westy as I don't think North London to Blyton via Brum will be too enjoyable in the crappy weather. I'm fairly hardy but when it rains I struggle to see through the windscreen.

So... if anyone has a trailer I can borrow or rent Wednesday PM to Monday AM I'd be most grateful... ;)

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to fit a Factory aeroscreen and can lend a hand Sunday onwards...

Yes, I'm aware I posted recently about a mate who was selling his and in hindsight I should have grabbed it :down: Also going to try my luck at GT Towing although they look damn expensive :down: :down:

Get a wet suit and helmet. Maybe a scuba outfit. You'll be fine

I know Norm, but when it tipped it down on the way back from Stoneleigh I really struggled to see to the point that it was bl**dy dangerous. Pulling off the motorway for a while normally does the trick but as it seems to never stop bl**dy raining here that seems to be a dead loss too.

I've got the helmet and wet gear, it's just the windscreen in heavy, constant rain...

Got your PM will give you a ring in a tick...

Thanks Tony.

Must be something in them there pretzels.

Enjoy

Bob :yes:

Andi, remove the screen :)

And then get rain and crap in your eyeballs!

Pm for you Andy

Thank you :)

Andi, remove the screen :)

Thought of that Norm, but I'd have no mirrors (potential pull by the old bill or VOSA). If I leave the pillars with mirrors, would also likely get pulled as risk of impaling myself or pedestrians.

And then get rain and crap in your eyeballs!

Helmet...

Not that I'd get rain and crap in it cos I have me waterproof trousers on.

Andy, I was joking. But being serious for a minute..... That's it, minutes up.

I have had an aeroscreen since about 2000 and have been to LM several times, from Sheffield to here (604 miles) in a day and back to Dover for MOT's several times. I think it's a matter of attitude. Yes, it's not comfortable but I just put up with it. I had to stop once near Newmarket due to hailstones. We were already soaked to the skin. On a trip back from Pau it rained very heavily about 60 kms south of Nantes. I was soaked through and through but had dried out by the time I got home.

Funny how I seem to remember every occasion I got wet.

Actually, I think you're right, borrow a trailer.