Go Pro Hero2 Hd- Possible Bulk Buy

timblejim

Hang on class 4 card might be giving me problems here, a bit jumpy when playing back. You might be right about this?

Have orded 32gb class 10 now, will i never learn?

The video settings in the camera are not the same as in the manual, seem to be 5 and 10 frames down like 960 at 25 instead of 960 at 30. Anybody come across this?

Terry

Have you set it to PAL?

Unless you're planning on connecting the camera directly to a TV it's fine to leave the camera set to NTSC, any PAL conversion can be done on the computer in the final editing and prep. stage.

Thought so, all the frame rates will be slightly lower in PAL than the NTSC setting.

Not so I'm afraid. There have been recorded issues with some cards less than Class 6, even from "big name" memory suppliers. (there have also been issues with some Class 10 32 GB memory cards, again even from big name suppliers).

Class 10 is only really needed though if you're intending to make use of the rapid time lapse functionality, NOT for regular filming.

Fingers crossed Terry's card will be absolutely trouble free. However if someone asked for a recommendation, then the best, current, guarantee of trouble free operation (and this is specific to GoPro HD cameras), then a Class 6 16 GB card is the one to go for, and get a few to get the extra capacity, rather than buying the "biggest" 32 GB.

The GoPro is such an adaptable firmware based device, this may well change as the firmware is updated, but currently has been found to work best by many amateur and pro users.

32gb Sandisk class 4 card arrived today and it's fine. The 4gb card i used and produced jumpy video was a trex something or other, works fine in still camera but not in the Gopro.

So keep with good named card and all should be well. By the way 32gb class 10 ready for picking up at Royal Mail so now have 2 to play with.

Terry

Not so I'm afraid. There have been recorded issues with some cards less than Class 6, even from "big name" memory suppliers. (there have also been issues with some Class 10 32 GB memory cards, again even from big name suppliers).

Class 10 is only really needed though if you're intending to make use of the rapid time lapse functionality, NOT for regular filming.

Fingers crossed Terry's card will be absolutely trouble free. However if someone asked for a recommendation, then the best, current, guarantee of trouble free operation (and this is specific to GoPro HD cameras), then a Class 6 16 GB card is the one to go for, and get a few to get the extra capacity, rather than buying the "biggest" 32 GB.

The GoPro is such an adaptable firmware based device, this may well change as the firmware is updated, but currently has been found to work best by many amateur and pro users.

Well if a class 4 works on 1080p recording with a Canon SLR, and has a write speed equivalent to Blu-Ray read speed, I see no reason why it won't work with a GoPro.(unless it uses a rather rubbish codec).

Class 4 4MB/Sec = 14.4GB/Hour.

16GB Card will get you 2hrs 10mins.

You could almost get away with a class 2 card!

Class 4 is enough.

Used the 32gb Class 4 card today travelling in 4X4 north to south of England. Picture quality was very good on 720 X 30fps but found 1 jumpy bit in the middle of the film. Was odd that the sound wasn't jumy just the video, will not count out my laptop playing it back but its quite high spec so suspect card first

Gopro lasted about 2 hours on supplied battery.

Will try the 32gb Class 10 tomorrow when it's charged up.

Terry

looks like my Mk1 go pro has given up the ghost today :(

where ended up the cheapest place to get the latest one and is it worth the extra over the previous model ?

one complaint I have about mine is the sound on the car , it just sounds vibratey ? is the new one the same or is there a way of plugging a mic in ?

New one will take a plug in (powered) microphone. The £25 (ish) Audio Technica Lavaliers are pretty good.

Your imagining it Terry, Mr Rabbit says so, and he's always right ;):d

Seriously though, while it may be the card, HD playback can be a bit intensive on the PC, may just be a playback thing...

New one will take a plug in (powered) microphone. The £25 (ish) Audio Technica Lavaliers are pretty good.

cheapest i can see on ebay is this one £199 doesnt appear to have a memory card with it though ???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Gopro-HD-Hero2-Motorsports-Edition-Camcorder-Hero-2-1080p-FULL-HD-/110911228222?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item19d2d3093e#ht_5844wt_1396

Are there none at the place Terry linked to earlier in the thread? That's the lowest price I've seen in the UK!

Incidentally, couldn't remember the mode number of the mic before, (a search for an AT Lavalier mic finds it anyway), but here you go:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technica-ATR-3350-Omnidirectional-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B002HJ9PTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341691866&sr=8-1

I just made a bigger wind sock for mine out of some spare open cell foam.

As far as CF cards go, I'd recommend a Class 6 by one of the big brands as a minimum. (someone like Kingston, Sandisk etc - beware of cheap forgeries on EBay though). If you think you may get fancy later on and start using the time lapse and rapid single fire modes you could get a Class 10 card in readiness, though it's not required for ordinary filming.

And before Mr Rabbit and his Canon go off on one again ;) I'm not saying less than Class 6 cards won't work, just that many, many users have found they've had more success with Class 6 and above.

Coincidentally, my GoPro arrived before my memory card, so as I already had a decent SD card for my Canon SLR, I tried it. Worked fine in bright sunshine, but in overcast conditions when the exposure was getting pushed and the data rate went up a tad, I started seeing the odd stutter. Not many, but they were there.

Still waiting for my sandisk 32g class 10 from Amazon been over a week now, its exactly the same as Pace the Go Pro people sell only 1/2 the price. Maybe Mondays post, chased it today patience, is not my major trait.

Bob :no:

Yeah, as in my last post, mine was late arriving too. Bl**dy Amazon grrr!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.