Go Pro Hero2 Hd- Possible Bulk Buy

timblejim

Course the next thing will be all the new buyers finding out a. hD filming soon generates lots of huge files to fill your hard drives, and b. handling and editing HD movie files can put a serious strain on an older computer!

:oops:

I was looking at the video that i took yesterday as i found a jumpy bit in the middle. Found a jumpy bit at the start of the video so looked at what Laptop was doing and it seems that the processor was at it's limit. When it had got over that bit I rewound to the jumpy bit and it was OK. So Laptop is to blame and the Gopro with 32gb class 4 and 32gb class 10 are fine.

Terry

Is there a difference between UK and US editions of the hero2 ?

I don't believe there is, as you can set NTSC or Pal within the camera.

An aside, the dealer agreement (which all UK dealers must sign before even being shown pricing) from the only official UK distributor states: 'To avoid confusion with illicit offerings, GoPro authorised dealerships shall not use online auction sites for GoPro product'. Therefore, anything bought from eBay is not an official UK product and doesn't come with the 2 year warranty. The cameras are generally very robust, but it's nice to know you have some support on such a product in my opinion.

I believe quite a few come via Estonia - their standard VAT rate is the same 20% as ours, but there is special 5% rate on photographic equipment. Since they are also in the EU, you don't pay any import fees when the camera crosses the border(s), hence the prices can immediately be 15% (near enough) cheaper than from official UK sellers.

Word of warning, I ordered one from an e-bay seller last night and received an email from ebay this morning to say the item has been removed due to contravening there policies.

I'm waiting to hear back from the seller

has anyone tried 3D filming yet. must admit i am tempted to get another camera and the housing.

also if i had a second camera and they sort out the wifi smart phone app i could use it as a rear view camera

Hmm, check carefully, there were issues in the firmware for the mk 2. These hadn't been resolved a month or two back when I last looked at the GoPro forums, but they are developing all the time, so may be sorted out now. (As far as I know, the mk 1 works fine coupled together in 3d mode)

Had to bite my tongue when I was on the 'phone to Dodcam, so tempting just to add another for a different angle of view :d:blush:

The one I ordered and was delivered was from robscamerastore in USA but supplied by UK address. Had message from Ebay to say that it had been removed for some reason.

Terry

Ad obviously breached the rules if that was the case; I remember looking at the time, camera was clearly advertised in the sale I looked at as UK stock from a UK dealer and NOT a grey import.

I don't have any issues with buying from the US, or indeed Hong Kong, where I've bought Canon gear from. But I want to buy knowing the truth and wear I stand from a warranty service returns perspective.

It certainly explains the (fair) price given that it's an import, not UK stock.

It's something to do with Copyrighf infringement in the listing. I've confirmed the camera is genuine and legit. Should be with me tomorrow so I'll see

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.