1.8/2.0 Zetec

Dave the Sparky

When I was looking for mine I was just looking for a good car with a reliable engine.

When I was looking for mine I was just looking for a good car with a reliable engine.

Exactly.

If I told you a car had 174 or 155 bhp, how would you know? I would be far more inclined to find one with an expensive gearbox, fantastic shocks and brakes, even good tyres rather than get hung up on gengines between 1.8 & 2.0

I'm not wanting to rake coals of which engines best etc I'm simply looking for experience from people who've opted for a 1.8 zetec, I'm currently considering a few cars subject to sale of mine, my priority is an honest well setup car that's as reliable as possible.

I'm probably not going to do very much if any trackwork for a while so day out blatting is all that's required. I know it's personal choice but from others experience am I likely to be left wanting more if I choose a 1.8 engine instead of a similar 2.0 car because it's nearer, cheaper etc? I believe there's only 15-20bhp in it which doesn't seem alot?

Sorry if this has been done to death...

Dave

I didnt mean to imply Im simply interested in bhp, I thought Id explained myself better,(honest, well setup and reliable) I wanted to know if anyone had had a similar 1.8 and a 2.0 and had felt the 2.0 to be a more favourable choice as a starting point, just wanted peoples experiences. Didnt come across the way I meant it I guess...

Dave

Exactly.

If I told you a car had 174 or 155 bhp, how would you know? I would be far more inclined to find one with an expensive gearbox, fantastic shocks and brakes, even good tyres rather than get hung up on gengines between 1.8 & 2.0

I take your point though ;)

Dave

Ok I will put the white horse away for the night.

But for the record I prefer the 1.8

You can have a lightened flywheel on any engine and theres more ****e talked about power outputs than fishermen with the one that got away :arse:

Like they said the engine is just a part of it and has to be married to a decent induction system and exhaust along wit the drive train gearbox , differential etc.

Try before you by is my advice mate :t-up: