North London (Herts Borders) Area News

Andy Banks

All,

If you are in London / North London / Herts and have not had an email from me, please PM me your details and let me know if you do or do not want to be contacted with regular news.

I want to make a go of this AO malarky but need your input to make it work.

For your diaries:

Membership:

I have had a couple of responses to my initial email, I assume you are all still happy to be kept informed in this way. Please do let me know your preferences.

I’d also like to know if I’ve missed anyone from the WSCC or if any of you need any membership help, forum help, etc. Please shout – it’s my job to help and organise ;)

Future Events Ideas:

If I had the numbers, I’d arrange events specific to our local area or at least organise a suitable meeting point before a run elsewhere, so please do let me know if you have any ideas for runs, visits, build/fix mornings, anything. For example, I need an aero-screen fitting so would happily accommodate a bunch of us round at mine, tea and toast provided, beers afterwards. I also have a digital dash I want fitted, again any experience here would be appreciated. I am in Barnet by the way…

I’ve always fancied a run to the Isle of Wight, any one fancy that this year?

The North Weald Activity day was a success, don’t know if we can block book Westies only but if you guys let me know I will do what I can to make a day of it for us.

Please do also let me know what other Area meets you regularly attend or would like to attend.

Edited by Andacami (Andy)
  • Like 1

Thanks for your replies so far - keep em coming please.

What I failed to add was for you to let me know your forum names too! Reply to the email or PM please. This way I can check our details are correct on the master member list that the Mem Sec maintains.

Thanks...

• Like 1

Up for the 15 aug and IOW run. When were you thinking?

Ian

Not sure on IOW dates, will have a think today.

Anyone wishing to join the Essex Blat this Sunday (1st July), I have the map and a meeting place and time if you want to email or PM me.

Am away climbing this w/e, enjoy the blatting

Hi Andy,

Just to let you know I'm currently looking into a North Weald event. I'll keep you posted in case I can get it off the ground.

Cheers

Kev

Hi Andy,

can you send me the map please. need to have a look at a potential meet point if it makes sense, now were purrring again :d

cheers

martin

Two of us meeting just east of the M11 for tomorrow's Essex Blat, anyone else fancy coming along?

Good run today with the Essex Area, thanks for coming and thanks to the organisers. One crossed of the list.

Prompted by the de Havilland meet with Cambs Area, I wondered if we could get a bumch together for a meet this side of September at the RAF Museum in Hendon? Let me know...

Yes from me for the september run

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Weather / work depending I'd like to join in with the DeHavilland trip, the Brooklands trip, the Hendon trip (I can almost walk it from here...) and the IoW.

I might even make it to the Ace on Wednesday...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone up for meeting the Cambs lot on route to the de Havilland Musuem?

Meet me at The Harts Hounds pub. Hornsmill Road - the B158, SG13 8HG. There is small carpark out front and to the side and also parking across the road. From there we can head down the great B158 then chuck a right towards Welham Green, then down the old A1 (Swanland Road) which will bring us to South Mimms Services where we go right and onto the B556 for a bit. The Museum will be on the left.

If you have not done the B158, then I recommend you have a go :d

Timings to be added...

Big old BUMP for Sunday...