Trips To France - What You Need

Norman Verona

Not going, but I seem to remember that not only do you need a hi-viz vest, it must be kept in the passenger compartment where you can put it on before stepping out of the car. Having it in the boot as not good enough and they can fine you.

Can anyone confirm?

:devil: I wonder how that applies to a Westfield? Yes officer, here's my hi-vis, casually turns in seat and reaches into boot box! ;)

Confirmed Captain - Drivers high viz must be to hand before stepping out of the vehicle i.e not in the boot :);)

same goes for anyone else in the car who wishes to get out by the roadside.

• 3 months later...

In answer to the original question - A tolerance to french people carriers pulling out in front of you on the motorway......

Not only people carriers - any vehicle driven by a Frenchman.

Not only people carriers - any vehicle driven by a Frenchman.

Tee Hee!

It seams to me that every person in France owns a Citroen or Peugeot people carrier.

Only kidding!

Mike

Do you know, that when I first started to go to France ALL cars and vans and lorries were French. Not only Renault, Peugeot and Citroen but Simca, Panhard, Talbot, Bonnet and of course, Facel Vega.

Now the French made cars are in a minority with VW group cars everywhere and Ford, BMW etc.

Italy was even worse. If you stood on a street corner in Rome in the 60's you would only see Fiats, You would probably have to stand there for hours before something else went past and that would probably be a tourist.

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to the original question - A tolerance to french people carriers pulling out in front of you on the motorway......

Don't generally find the M20 a haven of sanity after returning from France :( I'm normally quite nostalgic for the French people carriers by the time I reach the M25 ???

But that's a different problem.

• 2 months later...