1St Big Run Out

dicky attridge

hello yesterday was the big run i have being waiting for ,test day on the road ,10 30 am we set of from goathland to york ,two new pairs of samba trainers (good for driving in and a quality retro shoe ) oh and a pair of work boots on offer £15 (come on iam from yorkshire) with the boot full we set of to squire cafe bar at sherburn for lunch ,and a new time clock for the car oxford waterproof with antishake mounting ,we then set off to thirst down A1 ,all going well roof still down and no rain as yet ,looking very dull ,we are now heading to hawes and with the lakes in view we are grinning more and more .passing traffic with ease on the road ,like being on the bike ,then i encounter a problem on the road .travellers the ones with horse drawn mobile huts followed by a brand new tranny and a range rover ,and a 8 year old on his own horse ,now these are tacking some passing with the fine exhaust note that the iva allow you to own ,1DB of the limit ,hay ho and were passing them one by one and on to open road once again ,RAIN its hood up experience went well ,dived in and off ,only to find i needed some wellies ? made it to ambleside fuel at 41.5 how happy aim i afar the 15 mpg start of after build up .Worst nightmare ,mrs a and a garden centre ,next step i have a fag and drink ,and she's off in ,then turns back up with yes the plant oh it will fit in ok it can go between the seat a bl**** catus how nice ,but the was sweets as well and pop ,boy it get hot with the roof on and no fresh air .doing well on fuel 37.4 mpg and no spares required and no spanners out of the bag ? home ward bound A66 A19 A171 and no traffic ,(aim enjoying this running in much more than expected )more rain ,light on and wiper full tilt ,heated screen fog light ,all well until ,fuel gauge wen to empty ,turned lights of ,full tank ,ahh little bit off fettling ,then mrs a says look at your wiper ,yes the 1980s rubber has let go ,but the rain stopped and we got home at 10 30 last night ,so all in all a BRILL day with good fuel comsumpsion on the open road of 36.9 mpg ,and a total of 310 miles in the day .So a brief summary = top day in a top less car i built with help from my family and friends ,and some people i have not met ,THANK YOU bring on road trip in 5 weeks to ITALY

Good stuff Dickie - I can see the Westfield will become/is now a big part of your life. Happy days.

Rory's Dad

You coming with it to club night?

Italy....wow there is a story there for Westfield world, but don't let her purchase any plants down there