Anglesey Trackday

Andrew

right chaps, Im aiming to leave around 2.00 on Thursday and have a steady run down, its about 4 hours for me,so aiming 6ish is anyone taking a BBQ down to cook a bite to eat on the night ? Or is it a disposable supermarket job ?

I've got a couple of disposables with me but the more the merrier!

Disposables here as well , aiming to get there between 5 and 6 :oops: .

I'm taking chilli and pepper burgers, spicy kebabs garlic chicken and 2 gallon of larger for me and my boy. :blush:

well done cap will share that with you :d

well done cap will share that with you :d

Believe it or not, out of your ammended quote, the only thing I'd touch would be the two gallons of lager. :blush: ... think I might struggle with the second gall mind! :p

I,m almost ready for the off , see you all there ..........latest weather forecast , heavy thunder showers :oops:

well Im fetching a 6m fully enclosed awning to shelter in and if it rains I could well be mr popular so will be charging £1 entry at the door and all the sausages I can eat tonight :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Weathermen were so wrong with the day's predictions! :cool: Other than the first session the track was dry all day. Unfortunately I only got one session on the early damp track before the head gasket gave up. b*******! :(

Despite the early retirement I still enjoyed the day. Thanks to Jeff for letting me bumble my way round in his R400... I failed miserably in the gear selection department. Six gears is way to many! :laugh: Fantastic car though, as was demonstrated by a good session in the passenger seat. Big thankyou Mr C. :yes:

Also got a ride in Steve H's supercharged slug. :cool: That too is one beast of a machine. The sequential gearchanges were dislodging my glasses, so once a lap I was having to pick a slow part of the track (difficult!) lift my visor and pop me specs back on! :blush: Thanks Steve, :yes:

For a pre bank holiday Friday, had a suprisingly good run home too. :yes:

I've uploaded my pics, (Thanks to Ross for getting some early shots of my car before it expired.) and hopefully should get some vids up soon. I lent the camera to Matt, and there's some good footage from the Busa to put up too. :yes: Have been watching some Matt, and the amount of clear track you were getting, made me want to :cry:

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/dixonandrew/Anglesey%20trackday%2024th%20Aug%202012/

DSC_4162.jpg

DSC_4158.jpg

DSC_4139.jpg

DSC_4153.jpg

DSC_4118.jpg

DSC_4070.jpg

DSC_4047.jpg

pleasure cap, shame about the 3 cars having issues I think It would have been good all cars battling round that circuit, I had a cracking day didnt like the first layout seemed a waste of petrol those 2 straights but the afternoon one was awesome, my car seem to be going particularly quick into the corkscrew , I certainly now dont think there was an issue with my slicks car was on rails planted all day,could carry good speed out the right hander resulting in touching 7200rpm in 6th just over 125mph into the braking zone at Rocket!? had some cracking battles with Mr H as usual and a good tussle with Matt in his Busa, got a few vids of said battles to upload which i will do shortly. bonus I even managed to come home with more money than I went with :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

Was a cracking day and another big thank you to Mr Cooper for allowing me to drive the circuit it was very much appreciated :t-up:

It is certainly a track that I would want to do when my car is fixed and has given me the urge I needed to plough on with the car.

It was a shame so many of the cars failed to reach the end but I believe everyone still had an enjoyable weekend.

Same again next year?

Can't believe I missed this, too many car issues to risk the long drive! looks like all had a great day