Why I Bought A Westfield

Tyson

After taking the plunge a couple of months back i decided to buy a Westfield, never owning or having driven one before and with a lack of knowledge :down: on this type of car i was lucky that club members gave good advice and helped me along the way :yes: . After thirty years of motorcycle racing/riding i thought i should now try something different, and so far i have no regrets, infact i should have done it years ago :d as it certainly better than crashing bikes. :cry:.

With yesterday sunny and hot and with my work finished by 1pm i felt there was only one thing to do so Mrs Tyson and me got in the Westy and drove from Colchester to Aldeburgh to buy some of the best fish and chips anywhere in the country, amazing :d.

130 miles later and with a big smile on my face the drive was over. T.shirt, sunglasses and a cap plenty of sun, warm air, a little bit of speed :blush:. Fantastic.

Now i know why i bought a Westfield :yes: .

• Like 1

I was and now am in similar circumstances, only difference is my wife hates mine!

Keeps the power to weight ratio up when the management don't join in for a hoon.

Bob :d

Had mine 5 months now, she's not even sat in it!

'for one it's got no bl**** windows!'

That's why I love it!lol

Dave

the long haired general quite likes mine. She just cant reach the peddles because shes short :p

Same as my old Gal. Did try a cushion behind her so she reach the pedals but she didn't feel confident in the seating position, she kept rolling side to side. I'll be trying some other ideas soon for her.

ha! my lady friends legs are too short too! I was thinking of being nice and fitting a seat runner from a peugeot 106 (flat and only inch tall) just so she can enjoy it. Mine has taken it a step further and is badgering me to start tracking it so she can join in too. she'd good like that.

I do drive more controlled with her in it though as its terrifying being the passenger!!

ha! my lady friends legs are too short too! flat and only inch tall

Wow, that is short!

:p :p :p

:d :d :d

:down:

I'll get my coat.

I got my other half in the passenger seat yesterday! It was our anniversary so told her I had a present for her outside, she wasn't too impressed but gave in and buckled up! She told me to take it easy, but I didn't really and she was surprisingly composed, she said she did feel vulnerable, as is the nature of the beast, she said shed try it again on a longer run but wasn't ready to trade in her car just yet...

Dave

Mine loves it, she's always up for a blast up through the hills for an ice cream. She wears a head scarf to stop it blowing her hair about and it makes her look like the queen. She felt a bit vulnerable at first being able to touch the road as you drive along and felt like she would fall out taking roundabouts a bit enthusiastically but soon got used to leaning on the belts and the seats.

I said we should get her insured and as said "Can you ever imagine a day when I drive and you sit in the passenger seat?" Fair enough, I'm happy drive, she's happy to be a passenger.

"The Boss" has been in mine twice for a total of 6 miles in the 5 years of ownership. Pretty sure she doesn't like it!!!

I've had mine for just a month now, and SWMBO hasn't even sat in it, and I'm beginning to think that she never will... mind you, my 16 year old son is very happy about that :d ... he refers to it as 'our' Westfield!! :)