What You Been Listening To Recently?

markcoopers

Downloaded series 1 of Metal Evolution off t'internet the othe day. Great series charting it from the blues, jazz and swing origins through hard rock, nu metal, thrash metal. Only got through 3 of the 11 episodes and it's a very good series foir rock/ metal fans

...Einaudi's Islands 'best of' album....

Not a huge fan of classical but I do like Einaudi. Got the Echos album and it's a lovely album. Strange how many adverts he's done.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markcoopers

• SteveD

• Norman Verona

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Dropkick Murphys. John Cash. Bonnie Raitt .A throbbing V8 in dynamic stereo and, of course, the wife..........intently, every word dear ;-)

Today has been an mc5 day, great way to lose your license. Anybody else notice how the speed they drive it affected by the tempo of music? Theres no way you can lift off when rama lama fa fa fa is blasting out :)

Presently enjoying going through this site http://thespace.org/items/s000004u

Basically it is an insight into the late John Peels record library, recordings of sessions, documentaries.....

Col thanks for the link. Just started to flick through it and the first album i came to was babe in toylands spanking machine, which brought back a bizarre memory of snogging the drummer after a gig in sydney at least two lifetimes ago :)

Pink Floyd and Florence & The Machine.

Chaz.

The new Florence album is great, wasn't keen on the first one but the latest sounds really nice, especially turned up nice and loud. And you can't go wrong with a bit of Floyd.

Been listening to Alligator Records 40th Anniversary compliation lately. Invested in some new speakers lately and that album sounds gooooood!

The new Florence album is great, wasn't keen on the first one but the latest sounds really nice, especially turned up nice and loud. And you can't go wrong with a bit of Floyd.

Yep agree.

I only got into Florence by mistake, saw her on Jooles Holland and got the album, the first one isn't so good but still playable.

Chaz.

Emerson Lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull, Alan Parsons Project and Renaissance. The 70's really are back... :yes::d

Emerson Lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull, Alan Parsons Project and Renaissance. The 70's really are back... :yes::d

Quality. Ooooh yes :-)

I looked at the John Peel site, had seen it on TV about a month ago. Went to the records and looked in "B". Found Joen Biaz "Come from the shadows". Just had to listen so settled down an put my vinyl record and just chilled. Mind you some of the tracks aren't really for chilling.