Rolling Road Day

Chris Elworthy

HERE IT IS.

The much awaited Rolling Road Shoot out is happening.

Sorry for short notice:

It all happens at Northampton Motorsport Ltd. on Saturday July 20th starting at around 8:30AMish sort of.

NM reckon we can accomodate 20+ cars comfortably.

Price £ 25.00 incl VAT

Printed record of Power at wheels and status of Ignition and Fuelling. (capacity up to 280bhp at wheels.... I'll get me coat).

We will also have available a set of Camber / Tracking gauges and corner weights so you can fiddle while you are witing for your turn on the Dyno.

PRIZES FOR:

Worst tuned car that arrived in one piece.

Loudest son of a b***h.

Lucky power output (nearest power at wheels to pre-drawn random number between 90 and 200 - unless you know otherwise)

Most Powerful : Up to 1800, Up to 2000, Over 2000cc.

Contact me for more details or just turn up.

Northampton Motorsport is located at:

Unit 14, Rothersthorpe Avenue

Far Cotton

Northampton

NN4 8JH

Brum

:devil:  :devil:  :p

Eddie,

Just what I was waiting for but can't do the 20th July. The only Saturday this year I've had to work. GRRR. I used to drive past NM every day on my way into work in Northampton at a well known brewing establishment in the town centre  ;)

John

PS-The bring back Eddie campaign contines

Oooh, I might pop up that way on the 20th.  Won't be putting the car on the rollers as it will still be running in, but a trip up that way could help put some mileage on the engine !

Nick - you will be very welcome - if you're not going on the Rollers you can do the run to the "Sizzling Sausage".

John, sorry this is on the only day you're working - if the day is successful, we will organise another in the Autumn.

Everyone else - Still plenty of room, book early to avoid disappointment.........then put your car on the rollers to be disappointed again. :(

So, I am keen to come along and be dissapointed with my projected manhood :( . Maybe you could help out a rolling road virgin by answering a question or two;

How long do you actually spend on the road to get the graphs? I know you have to rev the nuts off the car to get the Max Power (did I just say what I though I did?) out of the car. My other question is, how much harm will that do to my baby if the oil hasn't been changed in a while (i.e. a year!;)

Please be gentle with me, I'm only young.

See you Saturday. Any chance of E-mailing me a mob. No. for directional help if needed as Northampton navigation isn't my speciality.

Ta

Stu

Northampton Motorsport reckon on being able to do 3 to 4 cars per hour, although a good 60 to 70% of this time is spent strapping the car down and fitting the exhaust ducts etc.

I would not like to comment personally on whether or not your engine and drive-train need servicing, but you will only be "flat-out" for a short time, and I imagine that most peak powers occur at 10-15% below Vmax. as the power tends to tail off.

I will forward my mobile number ny E-Mail, however assuming their permission I quote Northampton Motorsports number:

01604 766624.

From M1 Junction 15A (A43), head towards Northampton on the A43. Take the Ring Road A45 (right turn at first main roundabout after M1 junction) after next roundabout turn left into "Rothersthorpe Avenue Industry" .

Over funny Island thing, with Rothersthorpe Road Garage on left, turn next left, and Northampton Motorsport on RightHand Side after approx 150M.

From M1 Junction 15, follow A508 until you see signs for A45 Ring Road West (M1 North and Sixfields Leisure). Turn left here on to A45, past Police HQ and Fire Stn. to next roundabout (Tesco). Stay on A45 (2nd exit) to next roundabout and double back on yourself. Take 1st left and pick up instructions above.

From East, stay on A45 Ring Road until you come to Police HQ and Mereway Fire Station then pick up instructions as above

OR get a map.

Chris

Great news - Eddies back  :D

IS there room for a little one?

If i can make it id love to come, but wont know for sure till friday (have a friend coming over) if he would like to come we will pop down

yes, you should be OK as the rolling road will measure the engine revs through a sensor to record the 'run' onto a graph of Power vs Revs (it's usually a clamp on an HT lead...I have a multimeter from Halfrauds that has one of these!;) although the operator will not necessarily know what revs the car is doing whilst doing the run unless he can see the readout from the driver's seat....why not give them a call and check  ;)

yeh, ill call them tomorow and check :)

Want to find out what my megablade is putting out, its the smaller lump with a tts dyno jet kit around  130bhp i think.

I must get my car done soon although Northampton is a bit far to go for me....

My '96 Suzuki Bandit 1200 with race exhaust did 120bhp AT THE REAR WHEEL last year - p'raps I should put that engine in the car    :D  :D

DOH!!

just remembered my rev counter is not working, can you still put a car on the RR with no rev counter?

Yes, the dyno uses its own rpm reading.

For Info: The Dyno at NML will produce the following data

Power Curve

Power calculation at Flywheel (by measuring drag on Rollers in Neutral)

Torque Curve

0 to 60 simulation or 40 to 80 etc etc. (this is very new software, but Westfields might be a bit too light to grip the rollers properly - we shall see)

See you on Saturday

Just checked with Northampton Motorsport and its fine without the rev counter...

Can we have a have a place on Saturday please??

What time do we have to be there??  Can we choose what time we are booked in for, or is it a free for all?

Thanks

Mrs Catflap

Can we have a have a place on Saturday please??

What time do we have to be there??  Can we choose what time we are booked in for, or is it a free for all?

Time ! - how organised do you think I am ?

Seriously, you can turn up at any time, you are about tenth on the list at the moment which if 1 to 9 turn up means you will be "on" about 10:45 ish ish.