mallory park

tonym

I am entered at Mallory on the 19th. It is my first trackday in my Westfield although I have raced on tarmac before. My question is do I use my road tyres (Avon 205 x 50 x 16) or do I go for slicks and wets (if they are allowed) The car is a 1600 cvh and is running a wet sump.

Replies appreciated.

tonym

Use what you are used to there is sooo many other things to do learn etc. to mess with tyres for the first few track days

If you want to improve the handling go for 13" wheels and chech your sump is going to be up to fitting 032R's oil surge could cost you an engine.

Paul.

Yep - There's al ot to learn about Westfields on a track - as its your first run - use what you have most confidence with and I would recommend road legal tyres rather than slicks for your first event like this.

if you have the carrying capacity you could drop your slicks on for the afternoon sessions  ;)  :D  :)

But remember this is a non competitive track day...... no racing and no timing  ;)  :)

The marshals will pull you off (oo'er  :0  :D  :) ) if you are observed doing so :)  :blush:

I noticed on the entry form that experienced drivers and V8 owners will be lumped into the same category.

As this is only my second track day is it going to be possible to join in with the new boys ?

Ian are Jon are scary guys when mad, I wouldn't want to get in their way :D

Don't panic  :D  :)  You'll be fine in Group C - trust me - I'm not a Doctor  :D  :)  ;)  :cool:

Seight...You'll be with me; Crappin it at the back of group C :t-up: Years since my last track outing(In a westfield anyway).Remeber it's only fun :t-up:  :cool: Enjoy

I seem to be in group B and I have a SEiGHT (I mis-read the form and ticked box B - it's not Mark's fault).

Should I be in group C?  ???

Thing is.. there could be a 250 bhp Vx engined car in Group B and that would give a standard V8 plenty to think about  :D

Or what about BEC's - they tend to handle soooooo much better than a V8.. at least better than mine (and I'm speaking from track experience following a MegaBlade).

Although I have to say that since then, my car has had poly bushed bespoke Leda's fitted all round and been set up by Paul at Playskool... the difference is amazing.

Jon

The Mysterons will be watching  ;)  :D  :)  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D