Membership Questions? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Captain Colonial

In an effort to avoid you having to trawl through the many and various threads in the boards or contacting the Committee for answers regarding WSCC membership, we have put together this thread, which will be updated regularly to keep it brief, helpful, relevant and accurate - hope it helps!

:)  If you have any questions at all regarding WSCC membership, please read this thread in full FIRST - thank you!  :)

INDEX

1. What Are The Benefits Of Becoming A WSCC Member, How Much Does It Cost, And How Do I Join?

How Do I Renew My Membership?

3. I Think I'm A WSCC Member But I'm Shown As a "Guest", And I Can't See Member Profiles - Why?

4. How Can I Prove To Others That I'm A WSCC Member?

5. Why Does My Profile Show My Status As "Validating"?

6. Why Can I See My Address And Membership Details Below My Avatar?

7. What Happens If I Don't Enter My Address In My Profile, Or If I Delete It From My Profile?

8. Why Do You Need My Email Address?

9. My Account Has Been Placed On Pre-Moderation - What Is It, And Why Am I On It?

10. I'm Not A PayPal Member - Can I Renew My Membership Online Using A Credit / Debit Card?[

11. How Do I Contact The Membership Secretary To Discuss A Membership-Related Matter?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What Are The Benefits Of Becoming A WSCC Member, How Much Does It Cost, And How Do I Join?

Please have a look at the Membership page of the WSCC website where much is explained.

In addition to what is shown on that page, suppliers can offer special member-only discounts on parts, accessories, upgrades, track days and other things - these savings can help towards offsetting your annual membership costs.

WSCC Members can also advertise their cars and parts for sale, or post requests for particular cars or parts - so members get the cream of the Westfield crop before anyone else.

Members also have a facility where they can communicate with each other on the boardroom in private - this is known as Private Messaging (or PMs for short).

WSCC Members can use the Search facility to trawl through the vast and valuable library of knowledge in the boardroom and quickly find the information they need.

Joining online is easy - go to the Store tab at the top of the boardroom page and choose Individual or Joint Membership. Once you have completed the online process, you're immediately a WSCC Member and have full boardroom access and posting rights.

It also  entitles you to FREE entry into the WSCC Speed Series - click on the Store tab at the top of the forum after joining to sign up!

Back to Index
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. How Do I Renew My Membership?

You will receive an automatic renewal reminder email 30 days before your membership expires, which will contain a link directing you to enable you to purchase your renewal.

Once your membership expiry date is 30 days away or less, you can renew by following the directions shown in this link.

You can pay either as a PayPal member or as a guest using your debit / credit card - you do not need to be a PayPal member to join or to renew.

Please note that the system will not allow you to renew online more than 30 days in advance!

Back to Index

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. I Think I'm A WSCC Member But I'm Shown As a "S.O.R.N.", And I Can't See Member Profiles - Why?

This indicates that your membership has lapsed, which automatically changes your boardroom status from "WSCC Member" to "S.O.R.N.", and reduces your boardroom privileges (see "2" above).

Back to Index
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Can I Prove To Others That I'm A WSCC Member?

You can prove that you are a WSCC member by clicking on your User Name in the upper right-hand corner of the boardroom (you must be signed in), and then clicking on "Profile" in the drop down box.  This takes you to a new screen that shows you all your details (which you can also update yourself if you have moved, changed email address, etc.) including your membership status - you can then print this from your browser’s menu or simply show the screen on your device.

Back to Index
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. I've Gone Through The Process Of Joining - Why Does My Profile Show My Status As "Validating"?

When you sign up and join us here in the WSCC boardrooms as either a full WSCC Member, a Paid Extended Trial Member, or simply as a Trial Club Member, you are sent a validation email, which prevents rather evil little automated systems from "joining up" and then spamming the boards with all sorts of malicious rubbish. Your account is only activated when you respond to this email, which then completes the process.

However, if you accidentally entered an incorrect email address when you signed up, you will obviously never receive this automated validation email and frustratingly, you then won't be able to finish the process! Alternatively, your email security settings might have treated our validation email we sent to you as spam, automatically sending it into your "Junk Mail" folder or deleting it altogether, again preventing you from validating your account.

If your account is showing as "validating", and you cannot find the validation email we sent to you, another one can be sent to you by an administrator to help get the situation resolved. Simply click here to raise a Support Request and then click on the New Request button on the right to ask for a new validation email to be sent to you (please confirm your email address at the same time). Please ensure your profile information is accurate, especially your email address.

(Please note that if you have not validated your Forum User account within 15 days of signing up, it will be deleted from our system - non-validated WSCC Member accounts will not be deleted.)

Back to Index
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Why Can I See My Address And Membership Details Below My Avatar?

It's there so you can ensure it's correct and we know where to post your copy of Westfield World and the annual calendar, and so you edit and update it if you wish without having to contact the Administration team. Don't panic! No one else can see your contact details (except Club Administrators).

Back to Index

7. What Happens If I Don't Enter My Address In My Profile, Or If I Delete It From My Profile?

You will no longer get any of the magazines or calendars as we rely on this information to be able to post them to you.  Same thing applies if you move and forget to change your address, or if you enter your address incorrectly. If you fail to receive something like a quarterly magazine, it's worth checking to see if your profile details are absolutely correct and clear enough for your postman to understand.

Back to Index
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Why Do You Need My Email Address?

So we can contact you to remind you about renewing your membership, and to communicate with you should you have problems using the boardroom. In addition, a valid email address is required in order for you to validate your boardroom account, whether that be as a Forum User or as a WSCC Member - a validation email is sent to you when you sign up online which you must reply to in order to use the boardroom (see "5" above).

If you do not give us your email address, or you change your email address and do not update your profile, you will not get a renewal reminder notice and you will be solely responsible for remembering to renew your membership.

Back to Index
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.  My Account Has Been Placed On Pre-Moderation - What Is It, And Why Am I On It?

Pre-moderation is an option the Moderation Team and Committee have at their disposal, but is used extremely rarely.  If a boardroom user repeatedly violates the rules in the Forum Guidelines, and continues to do so despite warnings being given, that user's boardroom account may be placed on pre-moderation at the Committee's absolute discretion. This means they may post to the boardroom, but each post must first be cleared by the Moderation Team or Committee to ensure it meets all Forum Guideline rules before being allowed to go live. This is NOT censorship - but it does ensure posts which violate boardroom rules do not go live.

This is one step below a temporary, or even permanent boardroom ban if deemed necessary. The length of time the user's account will remain on pre-moderation will depend entirely on the own actions and the response of the user in question in correcting the error of their ways.

Again though, this action is extremely rare in nature, but is done to protect the community and club.

Back to Index

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. I'm Not A PayPal Member - Can I Renew My Membership Online Using A Credit / Debit Card?

Yes!  The purchase will show up on your statement as either "WSCC" or "Westfield Sports Car Club", and also with a "PayPal" reference - again, DON'T PANIC - this doesn't mean you're a PayPal member.

Back to Index

11. How Do I Contact The Membership Secretary To Discuss A Membership-Related Matter?

If you have a problem such as not receiving your copy of Westfield World (is your profile address up to date?), or anything else membership related and need help, the best way (and the one which will get you the quickest response) is to click here to raise a Support Request and then click on the "New Request" button, filling in the form and sending it to us. When you do this, the Membership Secretary and all the other administrators can see your Support Request and respond if the Membership Secretary is away or otherwise occupied, and everyone will do their best to assist you. It also allows all the administrators to work together to view and track all Member Support Requests to ensure they are resolved satisfactorily.

The less preferable alternative way is to send the Membership Secretary an email at wsccmembershipsecretary@gmail.com. However, this will probably not resolve your query as quickly as raising a Support Request, which you should always do first if possible.

Please do not send the Membership Secretary a PM to help resolve a membership issue, and refrain from starting a new thread about any issues you may have unless you have read this entire thread without obtaining a satisfactory answer AND you think it is a simple problem that can be solved with the assistance of your fellow members - the Membership Secretary understandably does not read every post in every thread in every area of the boardroom, and your situation could go unnoticed as a result.

Back to Index
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope the above helps answer your membership questions!

• Like 1

• Captain Colonial unlocked and locked this topic
  • Captain Colonial featured and unfeatured this topic