Coast to Coast run/weekend

studbuckle

I am considering organising a two day coast to coast drive for us Westfield owners.

Inspired by a Land Rover experience i've seen...

Starting and finishing at the traditional points of St Bees in Cumbria and Robin Hood's bay North yorkshire the two day event would take in the best driving roads and scenic routes through the National parks of the lake district and Yorkshire Dales then across the North Yorkshire moors.

Stopping off points and accomodation would be pre-organised and depending on demand a support vehicle or two to aid with spares/luggage. people could of course come along for just one of the days.

I want to do it properly so considering the back end of August or early September if there's time or even around Easter next year if more time required.

So who fancies it?

Have you thought of getting in contact with a Charity and making it a Charity run. :xmas:

I have a friend who works for Henshaws (she organises stuff like the cycle ride from Manchester-Blackpool and stuff like that) and have been talking to her about just such a run, what do you recon? :t-up:  ;)

I would be up for in numb bum and all. :0

Charity,

Interesting angle. One of our directors at work has his MBE for work towards Children's charities. Might put it to him to see

Good luck with the trying to set this great idea up.I for one would be interested in joining you so hope it takes off. Allow yourself plenty of time to get enough interest as I suspect it might be a bit late this year and this lot can be an apathetic crowd if not pushed!?  

Work out the costs of admin,stationery,printing,stamps,phone calls etc, its amazing how they add up and you will be digging in to your own pocket if you don't charge accordingly.

with the start, end and mid points being in touristville it'll be easy to organise accomodation to suite peoples preference/pocket be it tent/b&b/mansionette etc

studbuckle

Spoke to my friend tonight who works for Henshaws (Blind Charity).

she may well be prepaid to help organise this event (Thats her job) and recons it would normally take around 8 weeks to sort, which if serious could be end of August which sounds OK :t-up:  What do you think?

They have offices in Harrogate which might be a good place to stop off halfway.

If you are still up for it send us an e-mail.

Andy :)

I would definately be interested, sounds great. I will float it at our Manchester meeting and see if any of the others would be interested.  :cool:

Stubuckle has asked me to post an update on this run.

We have now provisionally decided on a date August the 17 & 18 the weekend befor the Bank holiday.

We are going to set off from St Bees on Sat morning travel through the lakes stopping off for lunch then on to Harrogate in the afternoon.

On Sunday we will set off from Harrogate up through Yorkshire to Robin hoods Bay.

I will be mentioning this at the Cheshire meet on Wedensday and Studbuckle will be doing likewise at the yorkshire meet on Tuesday.

We will not be doing a charity run this year as unfortunatley its a bit too short notice, maybe next year :xmas:

If you are interested please e-mail me or Studbuckle ASAP so that we can get accomodation sorted. Any suggestions for this would be gladly considered.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

P.S. any body who wishes to join us for part of the run is more than welcome.

Andy :D  ;)  :cool:

Send some info into the mag Ed - probably a bit late for the next issue but a write-up after the event and advertising for 2003 should attract some more members interest  :D  :)  ;)

There's still a few hundred club members not linked up to the internet  ;)  :D  :)

Good Luck

Yeah i would be interested in joining it (if car is on road for then  :angry: ) but would only be able to do the second day from Harrogate onwards due to restrictions with the rev-limiter!!!!  :0  :(  ;)

Wont need accomodation just a bl**** good map!!!

Also will raise this at the next East Yorkshire meeting too!

Can other type 7-esque cars come along or is it just a Westie matter???

Would second Hogman on this, is it WF only or can other enthusiats participate? PS possibly day 2 only for me.   Brian.

Would second Hogman on this, is it WF only or can other enthusiats participate?

There are no restrictions really but it would be nice to keep it to open top cars? Assuming that it wont rain on an August weekend - maybe it will save the rain for the Bank Holiday.

:cool: