Knockhill Track Day - 19Th August 2012

GreigM

What is the dress code for driving a Westy on track, I don't have a race suit, so I assume gloves, long sleeves, trousers and a helmet??

Just long sleeves/trousers and a helmet are required....gloves are your own choice. I do always think its ironic that they make you wear long sleeves, as you could be draped in the most flammable polyester, but that is still seen as better than bare arms :bangshead:

Its £5 if the passenger has their own helmet, otherwise there's an additional helmet rental charge. If she doesn't have a helmet let me know as I've got a couple of spares I could bring along...the knockhill ones are rubbish and often don't even have a front visor (not the best in a kit car!)

Greig, I'll take you up on your helmet offer if thats ok. My first track day so I dont own one just yet. I have a big-ish head tho! :)

Any spec on helments. Have fullface motorbike helmets somewhere but i bet not race track spec if you know what i mean

Terry

Greig, I'll take you up on your helmet offer if thats ok. My first track day so I dont own one just yet. I have a big-ish head tho! :)

Just remind me closer to the time so I remeber and throw it in the car....

Any spec on helments. Have fullface motorbike helmets somewhere but i bet not race track spec if you know what i mean

Terry

That'll be absolutely fine..anything which looks like a helmet will do, they don't check...because if they did they couldn't rent out the crap they excuse for a helmet!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a wee update on this - have spoken to Knockhill and they are happy for us to book directly on their website - this is good because it saves me trying to count and also saves those who don't know/trust me from sending money to a stranger.

To book, simply go here:

http://trackdays.knockhill.com/get-event.php?e=571

and book tracktime (take the "Season Pass Holder" option for £55 - this is as arranged with Knockhill). You also need to book an entrance ticket - you can pay this on the day but it is a couple of quid more. Its £10 for adults and £5 for concessions (thats you old geezers with your bus pass).

Please post up here or let me know when you've paid and I'll your name to the "definites" list to be passed to Knockhill. Obviously its a first come, first served basis but for now shouldn't be a problem as we have 29 interested. There's no rush to do this as we have until 1st August to get the final list of names to Knockhill.

I'll copy this into the first post for reference.

To book an additional driver, do I buy a "season pass holder" version @ £25?

Can't see where you can add entrance tickets, .. elsewhere on the website it states Online tickets are no longer available, tickets available at the gate. ??

???

hmmmm, so you can't.....I'll enquire....maybe hold off for now - may be monday before I get a response - maybe they do it different now and you book it all in one as a non-season pass holder....but I'll confirm this.

may be monday before I get a response

It also states on their website, the phones are manned seven days a week. :) ... I was just going to try and book by phone, but I'll let you see what's happening first.

Standing by. :t-up:

greg. was up at the rally cross today thats me paid knockhill, how many cars are we letting on so far i count 30 will knockhill let that many on at one time or are wee going to take 2 sesions .

its a minimum of 20 and maximum of 30....I imagine we'll end up with about 25. There's no way we'd get 2 sessions as its one of the most popular days of the summer, so the other sessions will be sold out in advance...to be honest I was surprised they gave us this day as an option

Have had an update from Knockhill - my mistake, they've changed it from last year. Take the "Non Season Pass" option at £65 which includes the £55 track time and £10 adult entry (unless you are a season pass holder or concession). For extra drivers you'll need to take the £35 option.

Let me know when you've booked.

I'm Booked. :yes: My car details were not requested, so how do we ensure we all end up in the Westy group?

So long as I know and the list at the top of this thread is updated it won't be an issue....I'll get REAL (not forum) names nearer the time....I'll then give the list of names to Knockhill at the beginning of august and they'll put everyone in the same group.

The way it works is:

If you have a trailer then you park it in the car park outside the main gate and unload your car.

You then go to the main gate, give the ticket guys your name and they will send you in.

Park up in the fenced area for session 3.

Head to the media building for sign-in. Here you give your name, fill in an indemnity form (which I'll try to get as a pdf beforehand to speed things up) and show your driving license.

The lovely sign-on ladies will then give you a number 3 sticker for your car and a wristband to show you're signed on.

You then go through to the next room for a driver briefing, which they run every 15 minutes or so) and then you're good to go.