1.8 Zetec Rev Limits

CJspeedsport

There is another topic discussing the lube changing and the 5 undo not being require.

Just to add the excitement we had ours rolling roaded on Friday 13th after fitting our :( .

Enjoy :t-up:

Yeah, if you check the other thread, ARP are now shipping (many?) of the fasteners with a new version of the lube that doesn't require multiple tightening/releasing cycles to even out the tightening friction.

So providing that's the lube you have, it's just the once.

The stretch method is the most accurate way to install them, no question. However, I'd hazard a guess that most home builders probably use the torque wrench method. Of those, some of us will measure the bolts before fitment and after removal, so at least we know if any have yielded and are not reusable.

Mine is going on the rolloing road on Friday the 23rd...not quite so unlucky, but I'm equally worried!

Hum, read the other post and I'm more than a little concerned about the resizing of the con rod talk...?! We certainly didn't do anything like that, not that I'd even know what would be involved with doing so. The bolts we took out were excatly the same length as the bolts we put in, so hopefully I didn't need to resize anything.

Resizing doesn't refer to the bolts.

:d;) It's discussion has been known to lead to a heated debate :laugh:

Google "resizing conrods" if you want to know more.

Hum, not sure what to think!

Its heading over to Interpro tomorrow evening, so I'll ask them what they think...

As i understand it the ARP bolt have a radius where the bolt joins at the bottom of the head (think tree branch here) compared with the a weaker right angle of the standard bolts. When fitting mine the holes in the rod cap was already chamffered (spelling?) and the bolt with loose (meaning that when you tighten the bolt its not sitting on the radius part but the flat underside of the head) but I enlarged the chamffer to 1mm as directed in the instructions - mind you I would have completed three alps of the driveway naked if the instructions said so.

Good luck, sure it will be fine.