Blink Motorsport Geo Setup, Feels Like A Westfield Again!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Ta. :d

I'm still confused about corner weights (amongst a million other things). Presumably this wasn't done. Do I remember Fraser saying it wasn't worth it on road cars??

Rory's Dad

No corner weighting done, I've never bothered with it yet for the road; I understand what it does, and for a track or mainly track car I'd do it, but not for year round road use.

Mind you, it's something they do for their race cars/clients, and can do if you want. As it was, we just used the corner weighting scales to weigh me, (so they'd know how much ballast to put in the car during set up), and then, (more out of interest than anything, and to see how it's changed over the years) weigh the car. As it was, we ran out of time on Friday to weigh the car. So I'll nip back at some point to do that.

Richard and Fraser did a fantastic job setting up my Westie. Took it to the track day at Outon Park and it was a joy. Even had comments from our instructor on how well it handled.

• 3 weeks later...

blink did a brilliant job on my westie aswell will recommend them to anyone

Anyone got a number for Blink? Went onto the website today but couldn't find one...

• 10 months later...

perhaps a silly question, but why do the wheels have to come off whilst doing camber and toe?

I Know whilst having mine done the wheels stayed on, and although the computer gave me the correct/hoped-for readings in the end. Im still wondering if something wasnt quite right, as the car suffers from lift off oversteer, and is very unsettled at high speed. (it was before the geo setup aswell) Could this all be related? is 35mins toe in rear (ie 17.5 each wheel) too little? The german forum have been telling me that its too close to toe out which could be giving me rear wheel steer should my rear bushes have any play in them...

theyve said to go to atleast 1degree each wheel toe in.(120mins rear total) Would you all agree with these ideas?

All I know is that 90mph is the absolute maximum I dare drive the thing, otherwise I'll end up in a hedge! So no trackdays :cry: (nürburgring is less than an hour away, and hockenheim 1.5hrs!)

ps I setup the westy going off these figures; westysetupinfo.jpg

Agreed and credit where credit is due, no pushy posts by Fraser and I guess he will have paid his trader fees.

Long may he continue, actually thinking of having mine set up this year so its a timely reminder to get my rear in gear.

Bob :)  :)

The german forum have been telling me that its too close to toe out which could be giving me rear wheel steer should my rear bushes have any play in them...

IMO the German forum have given you bad advace. On a front wheel drive car this would be the case as the rear wheels will toe-out slightly as the freeplay in the bushes is taken up. However on a rear wheel drive car as the drive is applied through these wheels the effect will be opposite, the wheels will toe-in further.

oh. they mentioned something to do with..." when throttle is on drive will move to toe in, but when backing off throttle, weight will shift and cause possible toe out, when rear is only set at 35mins"...

hence why my issues arent anywhere near as bad when accelerating, but when backing off throttle.??????????