Dropped Floor

nzkiwi1975

I need some help,

I'm 6ft tall & am looking at ording my westfield, but should I go for the dropped floor to give me a better sight line & not be looking at the top bar of the windscreen?

would using a standard floor & then dont use the seat runnings work ok?

any thoughts??

Thanks

Depends on the seats you fit! Is it only you driving it? If so, you won't need seat runners which will put you a smidge lower in the cockpit.

To use an old chestnut in here, where are you located, and have you been to a friendly local meet to sit in a few member cars first? That really is your best bet before anything else.

Good luck!

I may be wrong but I thought all cars came with the dropped floor as standard now?

I'm downunder in OZ.

I'm looking at using COBRA SEAT ROADSTER 7. It would only be me driving. Trying to get a look a car at the mo. Just need to find some contacts over here in Brisbane.

All new cars are dropped floor. I think the Cobra seat is pretty similar to the Westfield Sport Turbo seat.

I'm just shy of 6' and have the lowered floor and no runners and it's spot on, I wouldn't want to be any higher

Sorry for hijacking the thread but how can I tell if the floor has been dropped on my Westfield? (1990 SEIW)

My Tillets sit on runners and at 5,11 I'm certainly sitting nice and low in the cockpit.

Thanks,

Steve

Standard floor on a 1990 SEiW was level with the bottom of the chassis rails, the lowered floor drops this by an inch or so I think so if your ally floor is flush with the chassis rails then it's not lowered :t-up:

Sorry for hijacking the thread but how can I tell if the floor has been dropped on my Westfield? (1990 SEIW)

My Tillets sit on runners and at 5,11 I'm certainly sitting nice and low in the cockpit.

Thanks,

Steve

Look at it from the side, a dropped floor will sit lower than the rest of the floor under the seat area. If you haven't got a dropped floor then the whole floor will be flat.

DSC_0601.jpg

Look at it from the side, a dropped floor will sit lower than the rest of the floor under the seat area. If you haven't got a dropped floor then the whole floor will be flat.

DSC_0601.jpg

Mine looks like that, but just on the driver's side. Glad I went on that diet afterwards.

DSC_0601.jpg

Thanks Smokey.....much appreciated.....can confirm I have a flat bottom! :)