Castle Coombe

jeff oakley

A couple of weeks ago I entred a competion to win a track day at Castle Coombe sponsered by a new web magazine called Total kit cars, www.totalkitcars.com and won yippee. Yesterday I attended the day and would like to say how terrific it was. Once passed the dreaded noise check we had a driver briefing and a tour with an instuctor in the circuit cars with pointers. Then 20 mins at a time on the circuit at your own pace, ie flat out. You could also for no charge have an instuctor come out with you to see what could be improved in your technique. A nice lunch and after 4 open pit lane until 5pm. The normal cost is £140 which until attending I thought was expensive but having sampled it I feel it is excellant value. I would just like to thank Steve Hole at Totalkit cars for an excellant day. :t-up:  :D  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Castle Coombe is a great track for Westies mine will be going round there soon i hope. I drove it in a Ferrari 355 on slicks. Probably the most fun i ever had with my clothes on.