Stoneleigh

Captain Colonial

Chris, you're missing a belting road by going A45 after Daventry.  Instead, when you get to Daventry, why not try to go towards Leamington and Southam down the A425, a storming twisty up-down road.  When you get to Southam turn right and go up A423 to Princethorpe towards Ryton, then left at Ryton to Stoneleigh, much more fun and relatively the same distance.  Anyone coming to Stoneleigh should also try the Fosse Way (B4455) which is outstanding and goes south towards Stratford-on-Avon and the Cotswolds, one of my favourite fast roads with well-timed pub stops.  :D

If you must, speed cameras on the A45 between Fosse Way and A46 and 60 MPH limit - watch it.  Better yet, avoid it, as there are roadworks, one lane and a 40 MPH limit for a few miles on the A46 right now.

Warwickshire cops regard this as the Royal Show warm-up event, so be careful y'all, they're a fairly humourless lot, and I should know, I live 5 miles away!

Best pub?  I can't give ALL my local secrets away, can I? ;)

Had no idea you worked local!  I live in Leamington so Stoneleigh's a doddle for me and I like that road.  See you there anyhow...

Don't forget your quilts  ;)  :p  :D  :)  :t-up:  and needle-point samples  ;)  :D  :)

Stop bragging  :t-up: