Finally Started My S2000 Build

lloydox

Finally started my build today going to be doing a SEIW with S2000 engine and box

first job was trial fitting the engine and box as I'm not going for a dry sump yet ground clearance and bonnet clearance are going to be the main problems

here's a few pics from today

IMG_4505800x533_zps0dc0ce94.jpg

IMG_4507800x533_zps1770ab38.jpg

IMG_4508800x533_zps3a6e8c72.jpg

IMG_4509800x533_zpsa04f5377.jpg

IMG_4510800x533_zps99ec065a.jpg

IMG_4512800x533_zpsc615aa31.jpg[/url]

IMG_4512800x533_zpsc615aa31.jpg[/

• Like 1

Absolutely! I'm following it too.

Good start, keep up the pics. :d

I've been keeping to three of four per post which seems to work OK, I seem to remember someone saying you couldn't put more than six in an individual post.

:)

just to show support, the cutting of the bellhousing is absolutely exactly where I cut mine mate.looks dead on the same.

I ended up having a bit of room above the top of the welded plate and the bulkhead, cos to raise the engine any more meant the engine fouled the bonnet.

I see youre using the same original box mount too. and the welded plate between the two chassis rails at rear... I could only just use the plate in mine, as the gearbox was almost over the back of it.but on mine theyres a gap between it and the lower chassis rail at rear of tunnel. I think (from your pic) that yours extends over it doesnt it?

see the cars red aswell... bl**** hell you havent nicked mine have you!!!

how much lower does the sump pan sit below the chassis rail?

I went down the dry sump route, although Im not sure it was worth it (as far as ground clearance is concerned).

the dry sump pan is flat and so not as low as normal one, but the scavenges obviously sit lower than pan and at an angle (std one is made to sit level although engine is at angle). personally I think the difference between the lowest part of dry sump pan and lowest of std one is no more than 1-2 inches.. back in uk on thursday to pick the lowely thing up, so Ill chuck you some pics if you want?

Will be keeping an eye on this too, as it's something im considering as been offered a friend S2000 that was in an accident recently.

just to show support, the cutting of the bellhousing is absolutely exactly where I cut mine mate.looks dead on the same.

I ended up having a bit of room above the top of the welded plate and the bulkhead, cos to raise the engine any more meant the engine fouled the bonnet.

I see youre using the same original box mount too. and the welded plate between the two chassis rails at rear... I could only just use the plate in mine, as the gearbox was almost over the back of it.but on mine theyres a gap between it and the lower chassis rail at rear of tunnel. I think (from your pic) that yours extends over it doesnt it?

see the cars red aswell... bl**** hell you havent nicked mine have you!!!

how much lower does the sump pan sit below the chassis rail?

I went down the dry sump route, although Im not sure it was worth it (as far as ground clearance is concerned).

the dry sump pan is flat and so not as low as normal one, but the scavenges obviously sit lower than pan and at an angle (std one is made to sit level although engine is at angle). personally I think the difference between the lowest part of dry sump pan and lowest of std one is no more than 1-2 inches.. back in uk on thursday to pick the lowely thing up, so Ill chuck you some pics if you want?

Speaking of build threads and pictures Tim....?

;):d Go on, you know you wanna!

this is an idea of how low the engine will be sitting

IMG_4512800x533_zpsc615aa31.jpg

IMG_4513800x533_zps05e71e0d.jpg

IMG_4514800x533_zps622ac5d3.jpg

at the moment I'm trying to avoid going down the dry sump route as it will add another £2000 to the build at like you said tim it only gives you about 1-2 inches

would like to go for throttle body's and try and tilt the engine so it's up more at the front to give an bit more ground clearance but gonna leave that till after the IVA

just waiting for engine and gearbox mount to arrive now then will do the final mounting of the engine and box :d

As sitting quite low I wonder if worth adding a sump guard to the chassis just infront of the sump.

that is one of the thing i was thinking will see how it goes and if clearance does become an problem i will have to bite the bullet and dry sump it

nah, get the engine over a bit, (were talking about an inch roughly)and the air sensor will sit in the scoop area of bonnet allowing you to raise the engine up more, which allows you to drop the ride height down, otheriwse youll be on stilts to avoid bottoming aout.