15 Deg And Sunny!

Dave the Sparky

I went our for my first evening blat tonight.. first time without hat and gloves too :d

Dashboard lights aren't working though! I guess it could be a number of things but anyone got any ideas where I start the diagnosis - fuses maybe? All the gauges seem to be working ok other than the back lighting.

Switch lights or all lights please?

Doubt it's a fuse but always worth checking. Likely to simply be just one wire connector that's dropped off the back of a switch, as they're usually linked together. Simple fix...once the dash is off.

Glad you made it out buddy, cant wait for the light nights! So what have you done between them working and not working? Taken any wires off anything? Any grounds come loose?

Dave

Actually they never worked mate. Found out on the first evening but forgot about it until tonight. Captain could be right, the previous owner fitted a battery cut of switch below the dash and looks to have done a less than tidy job with the wiring. Think I may just need to get the dash off and check all the connections.

Glad your a sparky though mate, will be in touch if I can't solve it :d

Start at switches, if all good and tight, check continuity of contacts, look for your 12v feeds, keep working back till you find it then try to work out whats causing the gap between there and where you want it to go... ;)

Fault finding, the joys! Just give me a shout m8...

Dave

was working until 7 and in again at 4 smigga :(

That's 9 hours off Stevo your getting lazy! Lol

4? I know the electrics cheaper then but....!

I finished at 8 I'm leaving now, back out there, feel like a right slacker! Keep up the good work...

Dave