1800 Zetec Engine Questions

Terzo204

I boughy Castrol Magnatec but not at that price!

I bought the 5/30 A1 as it's fully synthetic and 'recommended by Ford'

That's the one I got, it says on the front that it's recommended by ford.

I thought the price was pretty good at £21 per 4 litre can including VAT?

If the car is going to be used wholey or mainly on track, you may find the oil pressure drops quite a bit when it gets hot. If so, use a thicker oil. Some use a 10W-60. Try the 5W-40, and see what happens. If you find the oil pressure drops too much when hot, then try a thicker one. Main thing is if you are doing a lot of track use, use a good quality oil, and change it regularly/frequently.

• 2 months later...

I did an oil an filter change on my 1.8 Zetec silvertop this weekend and used Castrol Magnatec 5 w/30 and was noticably smoother on the way home.

On the note of oil filters, do NOT try a HOF241, they don't fit the 1.8L Zetec, you need a HOF200. I posted why here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/93749-zetec-1800-oil-filter/page__p__955894#entry955894

I bought a HOF241 and found out as soon as I got home that it wouldn't fit. I too it back and changed it for a Champion C104.

I'll be changing the oil this weekend.