2.0 Li Blacktop Zetec Question

Doug Dastardly

Evening all,

I'm trying to fit the header tank to my scuttle and am struggling to get clearance to the air filter.

As a mod suggested by members I have turned my fuel rail upside down which means shorter runs of rubber hose, it's cerainly neatens things up.

I actually have two questions

1) What is the little hose tail thingy coming off the fuel rail? and could I cut it off?

and

2) Do I need a breather pipe on the rocker cover? There was no mention of fitting one in the manual but I put one on anyway.

If I could take off the breather pipe (as It rubs on the air filter housing) and cut off the little hose tail I could move the air intake towards the center giving me more room for the header tank.

DSCF3331.jpg

Everything seems to be taking ages to do just now, 5 hrs last weekend fitting roll bar stays and 5 hrs today messing about with bonnet catches. I'll get there, but not quickly at this rate.

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 1

The hose tail is on the fuel pressure regulator and is a vacuum port which should connect back to the inlet manifold. It's there to maintain a constant pressure to the injectors by balancing the fuel pressure against the manifold pressure.

I'm not familar enough with zetecs to know exactly where it should go to.

I believe that if your ECU is mapped, then it doesn't need to be connected to anything as the mapping will have accounted for it.

Certainly, mine on my Zetec isn't connected to anywhere ... it's just open to the atmosphere.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sounds like I can cut it off then, and push my air intake up against the breather pipe, which I'll cable tie together tightly to stop any rubbing.

Doug