Derbyshire,Shakedown Run

westyfield

The MGOC are running what they are calling a "Shakedown run" of about 70 miles,open to all makes and starting at the Peacock Hotel in Oakerthorpe, Alfreton, Derbyshire, next Sunday 7th April. Give "Graham" a call on 0777 6243172 to book. The cost is £10 plus cost of a trip and food on the Peak Rail steam trains at Matlock/Darley Dale if you want to eat afterwards!

The start is only just round the corner from me so I thought I would go along to see how others do it properly! .They have over 90 entries so far so should be interesting.  The Peackock is on the junction of A615 and B6013 between Alfreton and Matlock.

Do you know what time they're starting at the Peacock (which use to be a regular weekend stop until they took the kids activity centre away - that was for me daughter, not me). I'm only 10 minutes away so even if I can't make the run (39 weeks by then!-), I'd hope to come and ogle at the start.