I've received details from the Lloyd's Motor Club on the following track days:

Mon 18th April Goodwood £160

Tues 16th July Oulton Park (international) £175

Tues 30th July Donington Park (national) £185

Tues 13th August Brands Hatch (Grand Prix) £255

Mon 19th August Castle Combe £175

Mon 9th September Cadwell Park £165

Mon 14th October Donington Park (Grand Prix) £190

If you wish to do these events contact Howard Long 01245 324693 or email him on h@ontrackexperience.co.uk for entry forms. You will also need to check for noise restrictions and that your car complies for each event.

These events are run by On-Track experience, a well organised bunch of enthusiasts who also offer proffesional instruction from ARDS qualified instructors.

Regards

Graham

Not forgetting the WSCC Track Days :

Harewood on 26 May @ £32

Curborough on 22 June @ a very minimal cost to be finalised

Mallory Park on July 19 @ £82.50

Elvington on 20 August @ £50.00

You can download an entry form to WSCC track days from the home page and boardroom page.

Hi Mark,

I'm contemplating doing my first track day - I just want to have a blast, don't really want to compete, although I have driven competitively years ago!

I've got a 1.8 Zetec sei on throttle bodies with a LSD. Which venue would you recommend for a first timer - Curborough or Mallory? - and what do I need to do to the car? I know I need an oil catch tank and helmet etc. - anything else?

Regards

Richard

Curborough or Mallory = YES to both.

They are differing experiences.

Both are strictly non-competitive - no racing or timing allowed.

Curborough will just be a few quid, our treasurer is costing it at the moment and looks like being less than a fiver.

For Mallory if you let me have your direct e-mail I can send you some info.

But essentially all you need is a helmet and a safe car with nothing loose.

Group A is for novices - if you are a little unsure we should be able to fix you up with an experienced driver who is willing to show you the lines and offer some advice.

Mallory is a total blast - I'm sure anyone thats been to any WSCC track day will confirm that they are enjoyable and unique in its club friendliness and value for money.

That's the end of the sales pitch - Just go for it - it's what the car was designed for

:p  :D  :)  ;)  :t-up:  :cool:

If you want to let rip in a safe environment then maybe an airfield day would be a good way to get back in the swing of things ?

The club's organising a day at Elvington but there are companies, such as BookaTrack who organise days at Elvington and Bentwaters in Suffolk (nr. Ipswich).

Thanks Mark / Nick,

Ok I'll go for it - when is the next Curborough date? and I'd like to do Mallory too.

Elvington is a little too far for me from Solihull, but I appreciate your thoughts - lots of run off areas eh?

Looking forward to meeting you guys soon. Mark - my email is richard_salisbury@msn.com, or richard.salisbury@trw.com. I'd be grateful to get any info on both events

Best regards

Richard

Next Cuborough free for all is Saturday 22 June - I think Stealth davies has it booked for a midweek session before.

Mallory Park - you can download some initial details and entry form from the WSCC trackdays banner above.

I'll send some other stuff over as well.

;)  :p  :D  :)  :cool:  :t-up:

Thanks Mark,

I'm in the USA right now, I'll get the Mallory entry to you end of next week (29th March) when I get back.

Richard

See you at Mallory Richard.

I did my first track day (in a Westfield) there last year.

Great fun -very well organised an loads of track time.

Not very cheap petrol though!

Re. Mallory - anyone else in Group "B"?

(I'd just like to know who it is I'm going to be filming/ overtaken by)

Haven't been since 2000 but wrt petrol prices I remember having so much fun, that it seemed churlish to quibble. :)

Oh yes - always best to take a can of Shell Optimax  ;)   :)  :D  :cool: