Thames valley area meeting - other kit cars?

mmmmdonuts

Personally I'd like to see as many kit cars at possible at the meeting and not just limit it to Westfields.  There must be loads of other owners in the area.  Especially the lower volume cars that probably don't have area meets.  I've already read of a couple of people going to c******m meetings in their Westies.  Getting more people along will make it more likely to keep going, and easier to do social events.

I'd be happy to contact other owners clubs to try and get some people along if thats what the poll result says, although I will be on holiday for the next meet.

I guess the pub wouldn't normally be as busy as it was last Sunday, so we shouldn't have a space problem.

Seeing that these monthly meetings are supported by WSCC I would like to keep the monthly meetings predominately a Westfield meeting, that is not to say that nobody else is welcome, far from it.  I just feel that we shouldn't publicise it, fair enough, friends or colleagues that want to come along would be more than welcome, as I said before you don't have to own a Westfield to come along, there are probably lots of people on this site who are thinking about building or owning a Westfield.  These monthly meetings are a perfect opportunity for those who are toying with the Westfield idea to come along, speak to owners and have a look at a varied selection of cars.  I have a friend who owns a c******m.  I have already asked him if he is interested in coming along.  Also would be great to meet up with other clubs, anyone who wishes to name the place and date, then feel free.  Will be interesting to see the poll.

maybe I should have had another option of

invite other clubs along to specific meets.

If you prefer that option just add a comment.

Stuart

looks like a resounding maybe.  

Any more votes?

I guess we can stick with the 'inviting some other people now and then' option.  Anyone know any Ultima owners?

Definetly allow all marques in. Whether they're c******m, Dax, Sylva, Locust, Lotus, Noble whatever. The more the merrier. Westfield meetings/sprints have always been open and there has been no badge snobbery whatsoever. Let's keep it that way.

Also, with a test track down just down the road (turn right at the roundabout before the 404 roundabout) it gives a chance to strap an AP-22 onto some other marques/engine combos and get some comparisons (for the record, the transit van did 23s to 60mph).

The fact that it's a Westfield area meeting will mean that 95% of the cars will be of this marque. Personally, I prefer to see a range of cars, it can quite quickly get dull looking at row upon row of near identical things - let all marques in to spice it up.